Esteemed Contributor

AVLA Ceramics Look Like Temp-tations

I just stumbled on these ceramic bakeware and serving pieces on Amazon today. They look very much like Temp-tations. I can't find out where they are made, but I'm pretty sure it's China. Anyone have these?

Some of the bakers are "currently unavailable." But, it might be worth investigating. Tara has not offered the polka dots in a long time and my DIL loves them.

Honored Contributor

Re: AVLA Ceramics Look Like Temp-tations

I like the "bakers" and they do look like Temptations.  I wonder if they are the same quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd  The reviews are not bad, but there are not a tom of them, so it's hard to tell.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom - A little over a year ago, I purchased some soup bowls/crocks in the red and white polka dot pattern and thought they were fine—not bad, not great, just fine. I didn't feel confident about using them in the microwave, which would happen a lot, so I ended up returning them. I have quite a few pieces in that design from back in the day when Temp-tations offered them, and my older TT pieces seem more substantial. However, if I didn't have TT as a comparison, there's a chance I would've been more positive in my reaction to this brand. If you pick up anything, keep us posted on your thoughts!

Honored Contributor

It looks exactly like some of the Temptations pieces!  It does make you wonder if they are connected somehow or if this other brand copied Temptaions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Records show that the AVLA name for bakeware/serveware is registered to Xiamen Yinglizhou Ltd.

Shipping information indicates product goes from ports in China to the Port of Oakland, with Amazon as recipient. 

Seems like it may be manufactured specifically for Amazon. 

Temp-tations is a closely, privately held company with little owner detail available.  It was originally capitalized with private venture funding and Tara is currently at least a "part owner."

The only relationship I can see is the probable use of the same manufacturing plant, which is common for lots of things like apparel and kitchen appliances.  Production lines are shared among many different brands; sometimes modifications are slight.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's entirely possible there is no connection at all between Temp-tations and the supposed copycats that are on the market. There are lots of stoneware manufacturers across the globe, and the idea of a kitchenware design with polka dots or one with a dark background and white floral pattern isn't particularly novel. The Temp-tations Old World design even has its foundation in European and Polish pottery.