Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2017 is here for What's Cooking

Image result for Happy Sunday Cute

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

i am going to have a hard time in the heat this year - another hot day today -and let's face it, it ain't summer heat today - and I have struggled. This is the pits. However Davey and I went to REdlands and had Dave's barbecue for lunch - I had Georgia Pork with a great sauce, I think it was pert and sassy - super good. Instead of Fries as a go with had those delicious string onions - they are heaven sent.

So much for my kitchen work for the day. Have been moving the sprinkler about as my sprinkler system is broke - AGAIN!!!! Someone broke a sprinkler head and I was not told. Cost a fortune to get one fixed and then when someone helps me to mow, they break one and never say a word. Grrrr. So the sprinkler comes out but that is a pain any more.

Should get the feeders filled but cannot get that done I do not believe.

Hope one and all are having a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday memes

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image result for happy monday memes

@Preds Where do I start I like the post, I like your new avatar, and saw your signature line just now and that makes three.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Well @beckyb1012 ... that was a good way to start. My avatar is my Buster when he was here with us.  My sig. line is because I'm just plain nuts and admit it. LOL  Thank you and I'm glad you liked.  Makes me happy.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy tuesday gif

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was far more busier than even I dreamed. Also got the feeders filled - happy feathered ones I hope!!!! And we ate also. We did pick up last night, whatever we could find - and always plenty of something. LOL.

Very very damp and chilly this morning - not suppose to break 80 however.

Did not sleep well at all - I think I was just way too tired. Did a panic job in picking up around here - although I have custody of the two little ones - they are still under court orders so I can bank on surprise visits - I find that ludicrous quite frankly. At any rate I had to zip out to get some cleaning stuff and guess who showed up when no one was at home - serves them right quite frankly. They left a card AND a phone message to call. I did that all the while really panicking to get the house decent at least in the living room - LOL - they never showed up nor called back. Cannot stand those people quite frankly. But at any rate I was more than tired as I had no help at all yesterday and I suspect that is why my sleeping was way off. Did not use much oxygen either as those lines are not made for doing any work.

Hope one and all will be fine - need to get some food shopping done - and I hope those checking on the kids will show up!!!! They are something else.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning friends images

Honored Contributor

Last night, I made pork tacos with pork tenderloin, so many recipes one can make with this meat. They come two to a package, at Costco, and there are two packages to a purchase.  I thaw one package at a time, using one for tacos, and roasting or grilling the other, the second package remains in the freezer for later use.   All that is necessary is to remove the silverskin and the tendon, then season and cook.  I made guacamole, and grilled the white corn and wheat tortillas, spreading them with refried beans, white cheddar, DH loves cheese, topped with the meat which is coated in my seasoning mix before frying, for any meat I use in tacos, and topped with guacamole.  

Respected Contributor

Took the two little ones up to the San Bernardino area for a few days - Picked up Davey from school and off we went. After unloading those two - they drive me nuts but I will miss them soooooooo much and I know they will have a great time. With the car quite empty now I went over to a part of the old highway - still a diner there that has been there a very long time. Have no clue how many years but a super long time. Not many things open right there but they sure have great food. Davey had a monster plate and I remembered they make great hot diggity dogs. Super good with French Fries. Am still very very stuffed.

Hope one and all ate well - Mousie your food always sounds super good. Where is everyone.

Bev - you are missed  very much - I think you kept them coming back and back!!!!!!!!!!!!