Respected Contributor
  • I got 2 different cake mixes at Aldi's. They were both Baker's Corner brand.  One used butter snd the other used oil. I really liked the one with butter. I've looked for it every time I 've shopped.No luck. I wondered if you found it and used it. I'm going to call the company and see if the still make it. 😊 
Respected Contributor

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I know how you feel.  It is so frustrating not being able to find that product you like.  

I don't bake anymore so I haven't tried the product you mention, but when I did bake a favorite of mine was Duncan Hines butter recipe yellow cake mix.  It was delicious and had a picture of a stick of butter on the label.  

Respected Contributor

I also love the DH Golden Butter Recipe Cake mix. Just wondering about the Aldi version. Thanks for your post.

Honored Contributor

Did you google it?  It's likely it will come up.

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc Available through Instacart7547E7B5-5072-4B2E-B087-7930437E17F2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc

Baker’s Corner is a trademarked Aldi’s brand. Amazon has the discontinued and seasonal flavors sold by third party sellers. 

Hopefully, Aldi’s will restock them soon.

Respected Contributor

I would think you could use butter instead of oil.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia:  Very upset that DH changed the ingredients on the classic butter recipe  and it is nasty. Had to change brands. Sad that a company will change something that has been the best for years. Southern Bee

Trusted Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I would think you could use butter instead of oil.

Yes you can.  From Livestrong.com

When swapping out butter for vegetable oil in a cake mix, melt the butter first in the microwave so that it is liquefied. Do this in 15-second increments to avoid burning the butter, which can negatively affect its flavor. Use either the same amount of butter or about 20 percent more than the directions call for to make up for the difference in the fat content between butter and vegetable oil. If the mix calls for 1 cup of vegetable oil, then substitute 1 cup of melted butter and just under a 1/4 of a cup of melted butter.