Valued Contributor

Why not concentrate on the piece you're selling instead of the meal you 

can cook in it? Anybody notice how little they explain about the weight, the non stick material whatever? Let's face it, you can make any recipe in cookware you already have. I want to hear more about the item not what I can make in it. Different hosts 

would be nice too. Years ago they did that. Mary Beth did some cooking.

Frequent Contributor

Re: A kitchen show suggestion

Totally agree.   Cooking shows seem to have lost their way!  Even the host seems to be distracted and bored with items being presentd.  Plus who can stand to watch someone eat solid for 4 hours.  I have tuned out more often and miss the beauty shows in the cooking time slots.    

Esteemed Contributor

What you can cook in this pan?

This is akin to telling viewers where they can wear this garment.

Oh, please stop.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Curtis Stone on HSN as he cooks several different items during his presentations.  His cookware is excellent and all I will buy now.   The presentations on QVC now are very boring.  I miss Meredith and even Bob Warden.  They both would do good demos and give us good cooking tips.      ITKWD needs new items.  The one recipe that is made is a waste of time as we hardly see anything done and then they just serve it at the end of the program.  Of course everyone says it is delicious.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I enjoy Curtis Stone on HSN as he cooks several different items during his presentations.  His cookware is excellent and all I will buy now.   The presentations on QVC now are very boring.  I miss Meredith and even Bob Warden.  They both would do good demos and give us good cooking tips.      ITKWD needs new items.  The one recipe that is made is a waste of time as we hardly see anything done and then they just serve it at the end of the program.  Of course everyone says it is delicious.

I enjoy Curtis Stone as well.  I would like to see him at QVC. His shows are interesting because he is constantly cooking, and not having to devote time to a vacuum or security camera presentation.  His cookware is awesome.

Honored Contributor

@sann  For some reason, I don't think Curtis Stone would fit in at QVC.  Can't imagine him with David.  I like him on HSN because no matter who the host is, he acts the same and he really does a lot of cooking to demo his products.  QVC no longer does that much actual cooking.  Years ago it was the opposite.  Bob B. cooked a lot and on HSN they sold a huge amount of that one brand of pots and pans and to my recollection never showed anyone cooking with  them.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@sann  For some reason, I don't think Curtis Stone would fit in at QVC.  Can't imagine him with David.  I like him on HSN because no matter who the host is, he acts the same and he really does a lot of cooking to demo his products.  QVC no longer does that much actual cooking.  Years ago it was the opposite.  Bob B. cooked a lot and on HSN they sold a huge amount of that one brand of pots and pans and to my recollection never showed anyone cooking with  them.

• I don't recall mentioning anything about David.
Occasional Contributor

I also agree. I have sent back several products because I didnt realize something about the product. For example, i sent back a microwave cookware pot because the power on my microwave was too high. And it is always the same food items. Air fryer starts with french fries. The Oster oven starts with pizza.

Frequent Contributor

There is NO WAY in heck that Curtis Stone OR Wolfgang Puck would go over to the Q. They would not tolerate all the interuptions during their presentations, every 5 minutes going over color, quantity, and the "comparitable retail price" diffference. The chefs like to cook and show their skill and offer advice. I cannot even imagine midway through a presentation with either of those chefs that they stop to a vaccum or tablet look. I would be SHOCKED as all get out if I ever see them on the Q. BTW, no one does cooking shows like HSN, they focus on the guest and the product and do MANY demos of the food without stopping every darn 2 seconds. IMO