Esteemed Contributor

DD went to Wegmans today and came with home with a load of groceries. I hate puttting them away. No idea why it's not like I'm digging a ditch. Is there a simple kitchen task you hate doing for no reason?

Honored Contributor

Re: A Easy Job But I Hate It

All of them.  But if I had to pick one it would be unloading the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD went to Wegmans today and came with home with a load of groceries. I hate puttting them away. No idea why it's not like I'm digging a ditch. Is there a simple kitchen task you hate doing for no reason?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I share your aversion, I don’t mind the shopping part, but the putting away is a big pain. I have an old house with a small kitchen and no pantry, so it is a challenge.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

been cooking since 1971....i'm done....told my husband i'm gonna turn the kitchen into an extension of the family room......

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Unloading the dishwasher is my #2 simple but hateful job.  I don't mind loading but unloading, nope. I feel terrible wenching about it when all I had to do was push a button to get them clean.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I (like many people) wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.

Partly because I live alone and only have to wash the dishes maybe once a week.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Have you ever wondered how many meals you've prepared and dishes you have washed over the years.?  I probably don't want to know.

Contributor

Just going down to the supermarket lately is totally exhausting.

The store is always so crowded, trying to get in & out of the aisles looking for products.

And then getting to the register & having to pack the groceries, not all of them but, some.

I find it very tiring going to the supermarket. When you get home you sort of just want to sit on the couch & cry - it's that tiring - Oh well, got to eat !!!

Does anyone else feel the same way ? 

Respected Contributor

@nana59   Your post made me think of my Mom and Dad.  My Mom has prepared/cooked at least 2 meals / 7 days a week (3 a day since she retired) for over 60 years since my parents were married.  

They rarely go out to eat, and she makes a full meal (meat/potato/vegetable), just about every night....plus some sort of home made cookie or dessert.

It makes me exhausted just thinking about it.

LOL - she bought Lustercraft cookware when they got married with a lifetime warranty, and she had had to have some pieces replace since she wore them out.  Same for her Cutco knives.

You rarely see that anymore!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Well after my husband died (in 2004) I stopped cooking.  I mean I really stopped cooking.

I eat lunch out with a friend (another widow) probably at least 4 times a week.  

Then often on Friday's I get something to take home for the weekend from a restaurant.  Things like today I had Olive Garden salad and Pasta ******oli.  Sometimes I get Panera and take that home.  Things like that.

I used to cook when my husband was alive but even then he liked to eat out and so did I.  He really enjoyed good, expensive food.  As for me, I could throw anything down my throat.  Ha!  Well, I'm very, very particular but what I mean, just give a freaking hamburger (Whooper) and I'm OK.  

When we were first married he'd tease me and say I was a cheap date.  We have very, very little money (he was in the Army and I was a secretary) so we'd go to the movies on base (.25 cents)...that's 25 cents!  Ha!

Every now and then I'll make some home made spaghetti sauce.  I'll make lasagna and spaghetti with it.

But I don't enjoy cooking when it's just me.  How about you?