Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Easy Job But I Hate It

Unloading the dishwasher and cleaning the coffee maker up in the morning. 

Contributor

Oh my goodness - that is so funny that her dishes wore out !! Your Mom & Dad must have ate really really well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HoliBerry   I never liked the whole process but if we were going to eat I did it.  Now at 68 I'm over it.  I have 1 bad knee and suspect the other knee is headed in the same direction. I use a walker so hobbling through a grocery store is a pain in the............neck. My daughter, God love her,  doesn't mind and she is a hawk at comparing prices.  DH and I still go sometimes but I question my sanity when I do.  Once in a while I will order online and DH goes to pick them up. It's convenient but not the same as picking out stuff yourself.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, @CrazyKittyLvr2 , I also hate putting groceries away. I don't know why, but I do. Now my husband wants to grocery shop with me when he's home. He says " I'll help you". He helps me spend more money than I want to spend, but he does help carry everything into the house. Then he leaves me to put everything away!  LOL. We've lived in the same house for 30 years, so I know he knows where everything goes. And@Annabellethecat, I also hate unloading the dishwasher. I shouldn't complain, at least I don't have to wash and dry them!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I still cook even though I could do like you. DH likes a bigger meal at dinner.  He doesn't mind fudging now and then having pizza or a sub, but enjoys a "real" meal.  Our daughter is here and she is like me, a burger or take out salad would make us happy.

Honored Contributor

I hate carrying the groceries from the car into the house, and then putting them away.   I tend to take everything out of the bag, put the cold stuff away first, then take my time putting the rest away.

Honored Contributor

I always knew I was lucky because my late husband would eat anything I put before him.  I was an OK cook but (like most mom's) I only cooked what my family liked.

My youngest daughter now eats everything.  She has amazing taste as far as what she likes.

When we traveled (quite a lot when they were young), every restaurant we went in to I'd either eat spaghetti or Filet Mignon and they'd (all three) eat chicken fingers.  Here we'd be in these fancy expensive restaurants and he'd order these weird meals and all places have some kind of filet mignon.  But it was the chicken fingers they'd have trouble coming up with.  Not many kids would be eating at these places.

But you know, that's what made the restaurants so great.  They'd come up with some kind of chicken fingers and french fries.  Kids don't eat most of the time anyway.  If you're like me, my husband and I used to laugh and wonder how they'd stay alive because all kids are such weird eaters.  Ha!

So, my grandson is soon going to be 13 (I think) and he's already almost 6 foot tall.  But his eating habits have always been terrible.  I was over my daughter's house the other day.  It was around 2:30.  He'd just come in from school.  She (very quickly) made him crepe.  He shoved some strawberries in his mouth (from his lunch) , took the crepe and the sugar bowl.  He made a very, very thin line of sugar across the crepe, folded it and ate it.  

I was like, ugh!  She looked at me and shook her head.  She said, "Mom, I'm making Barbecue for dinner.  Do you want to stay?"

I said, "Thanks!  But I just want to get home."  I don't eat a lot of meat, no reason, just don't.

On the way home I talked to my younger daughter in Denver.  For at least 15-20 minutes I had to hear how I should eat better.......

What does that say when the kid becomes the mom?  Ha!

It's usually the oldest daughter I have to remind that "I'm the mom....remember?"  

Girls!!  Whatcha gonna do?  I do love my girls and I know you do too....but...they can drive us crazy...Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

agree with @digo, cleaning the coffeemaker

i must admit that delivery and takeout services help address the other complaints...

Valued Contributor

I will come over and put your groceries away if you'll take my garbage out.

Honored Contributor

Can't decide whether it's unloading the dishwasher or grocery shopping I hate the most.

Started using a fresh and frozen food home delivery service about 8 months ago.  I'm fully capable of grocery shopping, did it myself for so many years, hate it now.  I was hooked after one home delivery.  Fruits and vegetables always fresh.  Order online, groceries are brought into the kitchen and put on the counter.  

For non-perishables, I've been using Walmart about 10 years...they deliver in 2 days via UPS.

Walmart also has a "Pickup" service.  Order online, pickup at the store.  Someone puts your groceries in the car.  No charge.

The four I know of that deliver fresh and frozen foods are Wegmans, PeaPod, Instacart, Walmart...Walmart only in certain areas of the country right now.