Respected Contributor

We had a local baker who baked fresh cakes each morning and decorated them to perfection. This was probably 5-10 years ago. She would sell 6" cakes for $30. They were so delicious and I was really sad when she had to go out of business for health reasons. I'm not a baker so I would always bring one when I was invited to someone's house. I don't think that's a bad price for a good cake. Of course, I'm a cake lover so I'd like any of them but some are more special than others.

Super Contributor

@Queen of shop 

Yes, it was delicious.  Not the kind of cake you would buy often but it was a special day.  Next time you go there, and if you haven't tried them already, the Italian pastries are always fresh and delicious.   Then there is a cherry cream cheese pie they make that is wonderful.  They have expanded their variety of breads and rolls.  I do most of my produce and dessert shopping there because Shop-Rite and Wegman's can't compete with the quality and freshness DE offers.  Also buy their DE blend coffee, either ground or beans.  I've been going there since we moved to the area, 35 years ago and have never been disappointed with anything.  Happy shopping!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

The cakes are delicious.  Problem is you cannot get them!  My original order was sent with no delivery issue.  The second order  I cancelled because it never shipped.  My most recent order was  placed with an advanced ship date and that date has come and gone.  I will wait a few more days to see if they manage to ship but if that does not happen I will cancel again and then never order it again.  Cannot figure out why QVC even brings a vendor on air when they cannot produce a product in a timely manner.

Respected Contributor

I think all the food items are priced extraordinarily high. 

Today I saw what was basically 4 large rolls and 2 pizza crusts for $50.

Also saw some popcorn snacks - 6 small bags for about $40.  4 of the bags were "flavored" and dyed pretty colors.  Nothing healthy about that.

I can get excellent specialty cakes in my local "fancier" grocery store, delicious large muffins, nice rolls and breads, pies, etc... - all for a fraction of QVC prices.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I have no problem spending $59 for a cake! Especially if its for a special occasion! Remember money is something we can't take with us.

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

So, the ship date was extended again and not until July 2 so I contacted social.  They replied the cancellation was being processed.  I then bought cake locally since I needed something soon.  Well, the QVC cakes arrived that day.  When I opened the boxes the cakes were room temperature, no evidence any dry  ice had been in the box.  Cakes were a mess.  Icing was on the collar and I had to unpack the cakes, scrape icing off of the collar and re-ice before packing again.  Sorry but they might be worth $59 if they are in perfect condition but I cannot go thru that again.  When you watch the on air presentation the cakes are perfectly iced and each slice is clean and appetizing.  I did not get that at my home.  And my order page still has a July ship date.

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog Sorry that you received the cakes in that condition.

Just contact customer service & they'll credit you - you don't need to return food.