Respected Contributor

anyone know of another aside from Keurig coffee pod coffee maker that has more than one hole for their pod coffee makers? I figure they have a patent ? I googled the question,but did not come up with anything. Just wondered as there always seems to be competition for a good idea. 

There is a lot I love about the Keurig supreme . I have been on the phone a lot with cs though.

Honored Contributor

Re: 5 hole technology ?

[ Edited ]

The Keurig Supreme series makers are the only ones I'm aware of.  I like the profile of the Keurig Supreme, but performance has been quite disappointing.  I'm on my third or fourth replacement in under two years.  With the last one, the CS rep told me I'm maxed out on my replacements.  The one immediately before came only two weeks prior!  I'm currently keeping my eyes peeled for another option to keep in my closet because I just know I'm going to need it, probably sooner than later. ☕️ 

Super Contributor

I know this is new technology with Keurig but I've also heard that the 5 holes has a lot of issues with the coffee coming out in multiple streams, inconsistent coffee strength, grounds ending up in the cup, etc.  Sometimes old technology is better.

Honored Contributor

Yes there are problems with the supreme, descaling is a huge problem, it just quits, no power ,they sent me a new one i to am waiting to see what happens to this one!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest I am in the same boat as you. I am waiting on the second replacement. I fell head over heels in love with the first one, then I descaled --it blew up-- they sent

a new one.I purchased the $17.99 3 month cleaning kit when the descaling light started blinking. Used it exactly as directed. Then the descale light would not stop blinking. Called CS. Probably discussing and repeating for at least 30 minutes. They  concluded they will send another with a full years guarantee. Of course you have to take a photo of the serial #/print your info on paper and take a picture of all of that with another # and e-mail it all to them ---wow--!! at least they didn't require a cart wheel & headstand! I could not do that.Woman SadWoman Frustrated

My novel will be titled "a few good cups of coffee -not worth the hassel." 

TY to all of the replies.

Trusted Contributor
This Keurig coffee machine is a dud. Every time we make a cup there are grounds in it. I think we will go back to a regular drip coffee pot. Keurig quality is not there for what they charge.
Honored Contributor

Re: 5 hole technology ?

[ Edited ]

My Keurig Supreme came from Costco ($99). It's absolutely wonderful! My dh is in charge of descaling it when the machine tells us its needed. He follows directions on descaling and walla its brand new again. We've never had any problems with cleaning it. 

"Pure Michigan"