Super Contributor
On 3/11/2015 Txblond said:

Hi 4uthebest - My apologies to Frito for calling him a dog. I'll bet he's a pretty little guy.

I checked out my oven yesterday & it quit steaming on me - then tried it again today & it steamed just fine. I will try it for awhile longer & if it quits on me again, I will exchange it. I like the oven - just want one that works correctly. Have you done anything new in yours lately?

Hi Txblond, I wish I could figure out how to put a pic of Frito here but I am getting old and these tech things are escaping me.

Great that you are thinking of getting a good oven as I love mine. One thing I really like to do is cook frozen items in it as it is a great way to avoid the microwave and still be significantly faster than conventional ovens. As an example just today I had a Bertolli Sausage Torte that had instructions of 375F for 50-55 min so I decided to do it with Steam Bake for 30 minutes and I could have done less as it was a bit too well done around the rim but the internal contents were over 195F.

Super Contributor

Hi 4uthebest - I think the container that hold the water might be leaking. Do you have any water standing in that little round receptical where you put the tank? I alwlays do & I think that could be because drops of water are leaking out of the tank. I cleaned that out this morning (to be free of water) & tried it on Super Steam & it worked fine. The two times before, the steam quit working before the timer was done.

I'm going to try some Pork Tenderloin on the Steam/Bake mode, using a meat therm. What temp. do you set your oven for & what temp. for the Pork?

Super Contributor

Hi Txblond, the container when it is upside down will drip a drop or two UNTIL I put it into place and I have not seen anything other than water on the oven sides (inside walls) and the black water collecting tray under the oven.

As far as pork tenderloin I use 350F steam Bake and I finish it about 138-142 (accounting for temp rise after completion(resting) to final temp of 145F +/- 2F.

Typically when I am preparing the tenderloin via sous vide I will use a water temp of 138F(135F-140F) for 4-6 hrs (depending on thickness).

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info - I will keep you informed. I didn't even know what Sous Vide was until I looked it up on the internet - very unusual.

Super Contributor
On 3/14/2015 Txblond said:

Thanks for the info - I will keep you informed. I didn't even know what Sous Vide was until I looked it up on the internet - very unusual.

Hi Txblond, sure you are welcome. Apart from the steam oven and optigrill, I have 3 sous vide machines that see a whole lot of use :-)
Super Contributor
4uthebest - my pork tenderloin came out real good. By the way, do you cook for an Army? HaHa!
Super Contributor
On 3/15/2015 Txblond said: 4uthebest - my pork tenderloin came out real good. By the way, do you cook for an Army? HaHa!
Hi Txblond, glad to hear your roast came out well. Our local Sams has beautiful center cut loin pork roasts born, raised, and processed in the USA for $1.60/lb. Close..I am fixing to possibly have a food ministry..
Super Contributor

Returned my oven to BB&B yesterday & they are sending me another one - Gotta cross my fingers for a ""good"" one this time! Will keep in touch.