Honored Contributor

Re: 2 qt. Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker

@SharkE wrote:

@Sooner

How do I boil eggs in my 6 qt Instant Pot?

1 or 2 cups of water, put extra large eggs in that trivel thing and lower into pot and STEAM for 7 minutes . Is this correct ?  I only want to do 2

@SharkE  We put about a cup of water in the bottom of the 6 qt (less in the 3 qt), a steamer basket on top of that, and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes on high pressure, let the steam off and put them in cold water or run cold water over them.   You want them to be IN the water.

They always turn out great.  We've forgotten them and let the pressure come down naturally, and they were ok, but had the green ring like the ones my mother always made Woman Surprised  Woman Wink!  But they were still fine to eat!

We have always used high pressure and no problem!  I think it doesn't matter how many eggs you cook at once.  You do need to put them on a rack or in a steamer basket and keep them out of the water though.

Egg on!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, turn your imagination on...I have one and you can cook quite a lot in it.

The cooking vessel holds 1 1/2 qt liquid to the 2/3 Max mark and allows for cooking space.   You can always add extra broth or water to increase the amount of soup or stew after cooking or when reheating.

It will hold a roast as large as a 2 3/4 size lock & lock container.  Easily enough to feed me twice and freeze half.  That much pulled pork will surprise you!

I have 2 larger ones but they are heavy and not that easy to use and clean up!

Love the small size.

Occasional Contributor

you just need to keep the eggs above the water--so I usually just throw in the trivet, a cup of water and set time for 6 min.  Release pressure immediately.  done!  I do it almost every week. Super easy to peel.

Valued Contributor

@Sooner... I totally agree with you, I have owned a XL, Cruisnart, 2 CE and a Instant Pot.  Hands down my IP is the best one I have ever owned. 

@Daysdee..  I purchased the CE 2 qt pressure cooker as a "As Is", however, the pressure valve would not seal and the manufacturer told me it is a known issue and they would send me a new valve, however, I returned the unit.  What I really did not like about the 2 qt unit is the lid.  The handle is part of the plastic lid mold and gets super hot, to hot for my concern.  I recommend a 6 qt as your first pressure cooker, I cook for one most times and a 6 qt is needed for soup/beans/pot roast, etc.

I am waiting for the sales on a IP 3 qt Duo.  Instant Pot has spoiled me with their IP features and I highly recommend that brand.   I also love that on the Duo model the lid will stand up in the handle, the Lux model does not have that priceless feature.
may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Is this worth buying?  I have never used a pressure cooker.  I cook for one and like to have some leftovers or extra to freeze of certain items.  (I eat small portions and I like to cook.)

@Daysdee  I use to have an old school pressure cooker that I used till the gasket wasn’t sealed any longer and couldn’t be fixed safely.  I also love to cook and and like to cook enough for leftovers.  I haven’t repurchased a pressure cooker and doubt I will. 

Valued Contributor

I do have a couple of larger PCs as well, but I love my little 2 qt for doing eggs, potatoes, nacho cheese, reheating leftovers, etc.  I take it to our cabin in the summer but when I do, I really miss having my little PC at home! 

Honored Contributor

I don’t know if I would ever use a 2 quart. I’m interested enough to check it out. Love my 4qt and have the 6 qt I haven’t used yet.