Esteemed Contributor

Think I've been watching too much TV!!!  Nothing on the tube entertains me anymore; not even ITKWD!  Must be a covid thing - I used to look forward to David:  not anymore!Woman Frustrated

Was wondering though:  what was the point of  calling this a"tropical" show today?  I must have tuned in late.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. I don't get the "tropical" reference either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  I liked ITKWD today. I have no idea why they did an island theme, but the outfits were fun. Although, I have to agree with you about finding things not as entertaining. Maybe that's why they did it?

Valued Contributor

This is just my opinion and will probably be deleted (or criticized for that matter) but I see a pattern.  There used to be cooking shows here and there during the week then it became only Sunday and Wednesday.  Over time, first the cooking demonstrations started to disappear, then the cookbooks, then the regular presenters and guests (granted some of that is Covid related but they started to disappear before  that). Then we started to see vacuum cleaners, computers, mops, etc., on the cooking shows then it was food, food, food.  To me, prepared food is not cooking, it's reheating!  Then the Wednesday shows started to get pre-empted and now we are starting to NOT dress like a cook anymore.  More and more it doesn't look like a cooking show and it looks like the beginnng of giving the show different themes and a different direction. 

Out of curiousity I looked at the "Kitchen" page to see what they might have that hasn't been on TV.  The section was broken down into sections and I looked at the headings that most interested me,  "For the Foodie" and "For the Cook."  When I clicked on "For the Foodie" it was all food and when I clicked on "For the Cook" half of it was food.   For me, it was disappointing.

Finally, I've noticed some things missing or greatly decreased that have been there for years.  Specifically, I haven't noticed much Saltopia this season and there were only 3 offerings compared to past years nor did I see many California Innovations, both of which I used to buy in multiples, but nothing like what has been offered in past years.  I'm glad I bought so much California Innovations over the years because this year there was nothing on the order of what we saw in the past.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

David sounds like he is tired of selling the same stuf over and over and over.....

I think the tropical theme was what we used to call team building, or morale building in the office. Didn't make them sound less boring though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie  When Stacey Stauffer started doing those cooking shows, I thought QVC had finally realized what they could do. In my opinion, they should have highlighted those shows instead of airing them over the dinner hour on Mondays. She would cook with the items for sale and have guests on set. But, what do I know?

Valued Contributor

PA Mom-mom - I don't disagree with you.  At least she was doing some form of cooking!

Trusted Contributor

It's been a long slow slide downhill.  We are nearing rock bottom.  It needs life support badly.

Esteemed Contributor

ITKWD is going to be doing themed shows throughout December to help everyone find more "comfort and joy" (the overall theme for the month) in the holidays. Today's theme was "tropical escape"—sort of silly, but the hosts and vendors seemed to have a lot of fun with it. I thought Chris Pryme was going to explode with happiness...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Melzie  When Stacey Stauffer started doing those cooking shows, I thought QVC had finally realized what they could do. In my opinion, they should have highlighted those shows instead of airing them over the dinner hour on Mondays. She would cook with the items for sale and have guests on set. But, what do I know?

@PA Mom-mom 

I so agree with you. Stacey was talented and with Meredith gone it was nice to have someone actually cooking.