Super Contributor

Re: Where has everyone gone?

[ Edited ]

Definitely not directed at you.

Contributor

I have been apart of this forum quite a number of years and still read it daily. I enjoy Judith's jewelry and will continue to enjoy it. I believe the price range is designed to reach each and every economic statis. Being a member of the FB group that honors her jewelry has been only the most rewarding experience I have ever had. Our facilitator has only displayed love and enthusiasm for Judith's jewelry, and everyone apart of the group has done the same in the most positive and caring way. We have developed many friendships because of her jewelry, and I believe this love will continue to grow.

Respected Contributor

I like my Judith Ripka jewelry. Yes it is more expensive, which makes me more selective. Everything is more expensive.  I still go the Ripka site when I want a new piece of jewelry for an outfit. The poster who made the big statement about Ripka losing her cache was certainly tough on the Judith Ripka Lovers Group on Facebook.  I am a reasonably new member and I think the gal who runs the site is awesome and helpful to the group. She was wonderful at setting up the live show event for the members. I could not attend but I bet everyone who attended had fun.  I have never read a cross word from anyone on the Facebook Judith Ripka Lovers site.  I think what a great group.  I like to read what they think about all of the jewelry, etc.

As far as the QVC Forums.  I am glad they do not allow posting about hosts, former hosts or vendors.  Some of the posters for no reason just liked to criticize everyone especially some of the more popular hosts and former hosts.  With the new format I feel I am no longer getting information on the products as much as from the old forum.  I love reading about the products and purchaser informed opinions. They inform my choices along with the reviews. I am quite computer literate and I feel possibly QVC should consider going back to the old forum setup.  

Occasional Contributor

There are currently 399 members in the Judith Ripka Lovers FB group.  I know facebook isn't for everyone, in fact I thought it wasn't for me.  However, I do want to say I am part of that group and I absolutely love it!  I have meet some amazing women and made wonderful friendships through the group, all by having the common bond of Judith Ripka jewelry.

The group is very active in posting pictures, sharing ideas and information and having fun along the way.  I also can not say enough positive things about the admin of the group. . She created another place where we could come together and talk about our love for Judith Ripka and not have to deal with any unnecessary rudeness. She has also arranged some very special events, where any one of us could participate.  I hope to someday join in one of the events and meet some of my fellow Ripkanistas.  But whether you were there in person or not, you felt like you were there because of the pictures and posts in the FB page.  That is why this group is so special.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the chats based around show times here. 

Valued Contributor

I miss the chats too. Even before the change in the board there wasn't that much posting here. Make no mistake. I do love JR jewelry. Her designs are gorgeous and It's mostly all I wear. I just wish the prices were more moderate and the quality of some pieces better. There was a piece I was admiring on Ebay and wondered why it was so cheap and no bids. I read the description and 8 stones had fallen out of the cuff. A large stone fell out of mine. That's not acceptable. Some of the pieces on the bay show the gold plating coming off. Not sure if they were always ion plated. Some of the stones are custom and there aren't many options to repair the piece elsewhere.

There's so much fluctuation in prices that many of us have learned to wait before buying a more expensive piece. I realize nothing stays the same but a lot of pieces are just too much money which is no fun if you really want the piece. I wouldn't mind paying the higher price if I considered it an investment piece but sometimes they don't hold up to constant wear. There are some better priced pieces, and sales like the daily LTS and Ebay make it more affordable. I don't know why in a city like NY more women don't wear it day to day as it's one of QVC's best jewelry lines. If they do, I'm not seeing it. I don't see many bloggers either talking about it and doing daily looks like they do with clothes. This isn't a criticism but just an observation. I wish there was more buzz outside of the FB group about her jewelry. It should be on this board, and it's not for some reason. I've only worn her pieces for a short time compared to a lot of gals here, but I just don't have the same excitement I once had.

Frequent Contributor

I used to buy a lot of Ripka  but in th recent year, I think her  quality went down hill.  But I still look now and then.  She is still my favorite designer.  I own quite a few of her pieces  and love every one. I do not seem to post much lately

Contributor

I am an avid facebook user due to the two industries I work in, and as a way to share my love of animals. Being able to post in the Ripka group, and being able to share stories and life with those fantastic ladies is a joy. No one is critical, no one acts superior, no one plays games, just a great bunch of ladies and girls sharing a love of jewelry! I have seen many, many overly critical, host bashing, spending ,  price as well as quality bashing posts here for years. I have never been one to back down from an argument, but why go there? It gets tiring, and there should be no need to explain what we choose to buy or why. I love what I love as do most of you, and it's nice to "hang" with like people. And our moderator there is a kind, gentle woman whose love of life and jewely is obvious. 

Gail

Frequent Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

We have to be so PC correct - if you insult a host QVC zaps it.   If you cross your eyes wrong, other posters cream you.  What fun is that?   Just play the..... name everything in your kitchen that starts with an "E" or...... do you wash your feet with a washcloth?

Some of us just don't play 3rd grade games any more.. The Q made a mistake with the change.

But do you wash your feet with a washcloth fthunt?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I missed everybody so much that I just joined Facebook so I could talk with my fellow ripkanista sisters and share pics.  I joined on Monday and was ok'd into the group yesterday.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G