Valued Contributor

Seems that ever since the Q changed the forum format, people post far less that they usually did. This board in particular seems to have gone on hiatus. I checked Delphi and there isn't much going on there either. I have purchased Judith's jewelry since her very first appearance and even during times that I might not post, I do read. I miss the great ideas, pictures, and reports of luncheons in NYC with Judith. Oh where oh where has everyone gone?

Respected Contributor

Re: Where has everyone gone?

I think some people already own a lot.  And when she sold the company I lost interest.

Respected Contributor

I agree. The forums are dead since the change. At first people complained and then they just stopped coming by.  I'm one of them so thought I might share. Perhaps this was the intention of QVC. If it wasn't, then someone should be fired.

Esteemed Contributor

We have to be so PC correct - if you insult a host QVC zaps it.   If you cross your eyes wrong, other posters cream you.  What fun is that?   Just play the..... name everything in your kitchen that starts with an "E" or...... do you wash your feet with a washcloth?

Some of us just don't play 3rd grade games any more.. The Q made a mistake with the change.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people joined the Ripka group on Facebook.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

I think a lot of people have lost interest in the line. The quality isn't the same, and the prices have gotten ridiculous. I also think the line has lost a lot of it's cache and luster since her higher end boutiques closed. The too wide distribution and in stores such as Sams Club and TjMAXX hasn't helped. I love some of her pieces but I've been selling off a lot of them too. I don't have the interest I once did. I also think some of her newer pieces have gotten to be a bit much both in look and cost and the style now seems to be a lighter, sparer look. I don't feel it looks that fresh any more. The JR group is no bed of roses. There can be a lot of unpleasantness there from the gal who runs it, and I feel ruins it, but that's a matter of opinion. I don't know why there aren't more FB groups dedicated to JR. There didn't seem to be other groups even before it was sold. I also can't find on the net many photos of people wearing her pieces as I like to see how people put their looks together both with her pieces and especially mixed with pieces from other lines. 

Her designs are just beautiful and I love the pieces I'm keeping but I live in the heart of Manhattan and I've never seen a really stylish woman wearing any of them in any of the best places which is strange. I don't see much jewelry worn at all but when I do it's always something hipper looking that makes me feel like I'm trying too hard sometimes wearing them. I've also never seen them accessorize clothes in the magazines. I'm always surprised when looking at jewelry on JTV and other shopping channels how much more her pieces are for the same silver and gem stones. It's a vast difference and sometimes looking at the prices I feel a bit taken advantage of if I want her name on it. I still love her work, but I don't know if I want many more. 

I would love her to do a younger, hipper, much less expensive line. It still can be with her designs which are just beautiful, but something lighter, fresher and more current with more edge.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Posts such as this is EXACTLY why many of us have reduced our conection to this forum.  No need to say much more other than JR jewelry is alive and well & being enjoyed.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I'm still here and enjoying my Ripka treasures, old and new.  I love interacting with the Forum ladies when shows are on.  I am NOT happy at all about the physical changes in the layout/usage of the Forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  I stiil LOVE Ripka jewelry, as my CCs can attest.

Honored Contributor

I am still here.....just bought j284527 green goddess cuff yesterday!  WooHoo!   Do not like the format changes.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Wishd4it , are you talking to me? I enjoy all of my jewelry too. I'm just trying to find out if everyone has gone somewhere else to post. Guess I don't understand at all if your post is directed towards me.