Honored Contributor

And it's a keeper.  I love it!

If I had to make one change, I think I'd like the stones to be a bit larger.  However, as a replacement for my "turtle ring" which no longer goes over my knuckle, this ring captures the same feel.  I think I prefer the cleaner shape of this one over the scalloped edges of the aforementioned "turtle."

As far as the particulars, good weight, but if I had to guess, I think it's a bit lighter than the pave heart and the turtle ring.  Runs like a slimmer ring does, which for me as a half-size person, makes the ring a bit big.  I got the silver which is the color of all her silver stuff.

I ordered through the email the evening before it was offered as a TSV.  I can't believe I received it today.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon If the stones are fairly small, which I could perceive from the presentations, does it have enough sparkle for you?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon

Glad you love it, it sounds beautiful!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Yes; it looks like it did when presented.   Going back to my comparison to the turtle ring, I'd say it has less sparkle due to the stone size.  I expected this, but would have been happier with larger stones and more sparkle.  But I would say I am pleased with the amount of sparkle produced by the tiny stones.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  I used to watch Ripka shows in her early days - and buy - but don't watch any more and rarely buy anything.  A long way of saying I'm not familiar with the turtle ring, so your comparisons had no meaning for me. One reason I asked the sparkle question.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Found this pic on ebay.

Image result for judith ripka turtle ring

This is the ring "everyone" calls the turtle ring.  It was a TSV back in the day.  I think it was around $50.  It's a similar concept but for some reason I think it's more dressy, ergo I didn't wear it all that often.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review.  I ended up getting on the bandwagon and ordering it to give it a try.  It seemed to have a more subtle sparkle, and that's fine -- the turtle ring of old had next to no sparkle (perhaps it was just the one I received). 

It definitely was a "universal" design for the masses rather than "special" design as you mentioned in another post, I guess to be expected for a 20th anniversary.  It would have been cool if they had marked it as a 20th anniversary piece inside, come to think of it.

This weekend, DH and I went to the outlet where there was a feast of JR that was a bit older and indeed special--plus had the double bonus of being marked down significantly.   Now I'm cut off of JR and any jewelry for a while!

Enjoy the TSV and wear it in the best of health!  Are you able to post a picture of it on your finger?

Super Contributor

Re: The TSV has landed!!!

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon Congrats on your new ring!  It really is lovely.  Based on your description, it seems like it will be a little more wearable than some of the other rings we discussed.  Now I want to get one too.  I will put it on my wishlist and pick it up when my finances improve.  I'm happy for you that you were able to get it and that you love it.

Honored Contributor

Re: The TSV has landed!!!

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon oh great....I am glad you love yours. I ordered 2 and they shipped out the next day.......fast....now it might take 7 days to get here in CA but that's okay!

@Sammycat1 what did ya buy, gal???????

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

LOoking at the ring in the evening lights, I am editing my sparkle evaluation.  It is actually very sparkley.  (Also, it's always a good idea to wait until a piece warms up when you bring it in from the mailbox before giving it the sparkle test.)

Thanks to all who posted.