Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@LuckyPeach wrote:

Sammy, you have some fancy cats, there!  I cut all three of your Yorkies' hair and it is a process.  Two don't mind, but the third always ends up looking a little funky, haha!

I explain above to Mick, my current eye hell.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better picture from the optometrist.  I think healthy supplementation makes a big difference, especially minerals, magnesium, lutein, eyebright, bilberry and astaxanthin.  Yeah, as you know and live, words are everything to us and we've got to see them clearly!!!!!  I adjusted the computer glare, too, and got Similasan computer eye relief. 

Would you believe at night here in SoCal, it has been in the low 30s? 

Didn't get anything during the last show but put the large clad DMQ cross enhancer on waitlist.  "Our" cuff did ship.  I hope I get a smaller one than the large ordered.  I'm easy with an average hand and small wrist, so I don't mind as long as it doesn't fall off.  I love the art of the piece which is priority for me.  I also sometimes do the "Visa squeeze" if you know what that is from the old days on the JR board. 

Take care and hope you get satisfaction with your glasses (blurry is BS!) and that the kitties look their holiday best!  ~Peach

Peach,

The cats aren't fancy, really, we just call that procedure their "mani/pedi" to inject some fun into taking them in for their claws to get trimmed.  They were rescued from a hoarder situation then languished in a shelter for 2 years, so they don't allow a lot of restraint -- and I can't get clawed due to my knee replacement and risk of infection -- so they go in for a trim where the professionals take care of them.  Smiley Happy

Your poor eyes -- what a trial!  I hope you get some relief soon.  My blurred vision due to a weird Rx is nothing compared to dry eye.

I took the blue topaz off of check status, so now orders from me either this past go around.  My cuff is still "in process," so we will see if it's going to launch this time on to a shipping truck.  I hope with the famous Visa squeeze you can make yours work!

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@LuckyPeach - Wow......I feel for your eyeball!  Good for you for advocating for yourself!  I have never had Kaiser, but have heard exactly your view of 50/50.

I just put in my left contact for the first time in awhile as I thought I was going to drive my son and I to dinner on the pier here in San Clemente.  DH got off work early so we will all go....great!  I don't have to drive....I am gonna pop that sucker out.  I rarely drive at night because of the halo effect of the headlights.  And I am so sensitive to the sun too.  I had a detached retina and had scleral buckle surgery at Illinois Masonic.....the doc did a great job.  It is a rubber band around the eye....which is probably the culprate with the swelling.  The good thing is that I had a lens replacement in that eye 13 years ago and I can do okay with out the contact....just not at night!

My DH and DS bought me a Trump chia head for Christmas.......great...they have a sick sense of humor.  I also have Hillary and Trump dog squeaky toys.....Trump is all mine.....I throw him regularly!!!!!!  My dog loves Hillary, so I let him chew on her......I can barely watch the news anymore.....only in quick snippets!  I didn't by and JR.....I did buy an Or Paz clearance ring in blue topaz, which is really cool looking!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Occasional Contributor

Hi!  I'm so glad I finally found this forum. I've been trying to get some information about Judith Ripka's last visit (mid-December) and no one seems to be able to help. During her show with Carolyn Gracie, Judith introduced a Moon and Stars cuff, but only in two sizes! What was that about? There was no announcement that I heard that other sizes were to follow, and I know how hard some of us lobbied for Smal and Extra Small sizes. But all Carolyn said, that I heard, was that they had them today in Average and Large sizes. Period.  To some of us who are still collectors, it seemed a bit rude to not let us know what is going on. Are we to expect other sizes to follow? Have they decided to limit sizes and if we don't like it we can go elsewhere? I just don't understand it. It looks like a lovely cuff, and not as outrageously expensive as some of the more jeweled ones. Why limit the sizes? Sorry if this seems petty with all else going on, but I am homebound and limited in what I can do, so following Judith and the other jewelry lines is a relief for me - especially given the latest news. Does any one have any ideas about what is going on with the sizing? I also noticed that when I selected other pieces of Judith's, the sizes would all display and then immediately morph into fewer sizes on the screen. I can not figure out what is going on. One thing for sure though to those who have commented on pricing, Ripka's prices have sky rocketed and I'm not sure the value is still there. Yes, we are paying for design, but also for some intrinsic worth. Would be very interested in this group's comments. Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

@SuSu - Yes I noticed that too about this new cuff.  Who knows the reasoning for only offering two sizes?  Many of the JR collectors are on facebook and it is a wonderful group.  I joined facebook solely for that purpose.  I have only been buying rings and bracelets on sale or clearance lately.  I purchase anywhere from a small to a large in bracelets depending upon thickness of the bracelet and availability.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G