Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeachI had a little chuckle this morning when I got an email saying our cuff was on backorder.   Did you?

Sammy~Mine is still "processing." whatever that means.  Annoying.  Do you have snow?  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA. Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,603.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeachI had a little chuckle this morning when I got an email saying our cuff was on backorder.   Did you?

Sammy~Mine is still "processing." whatever that means.  Annoying.  Do you have snow?  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA. Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,603.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

@LuckyPeach, mine still says back order!  We're in sub zero conditions....wind howling 30-40 mph.  No snow, sleet or freezing rain til Saturday!  Good times!

Hey Peach, I'm thinking of this JR ring...j320400.  Do you have it?  What do you think of it?

Valued Contributor

Sammy, I looked up that ring and read all of the reveiws.  It wasn't on my radar.  But, wow, it is really beautiful and according to the reviews, the setting is solid (unlike the Montana, sadly).  More than one person said the prongs might need to be tightened and the stone *could* be closer to a London Blue Topaz, than the pictured Swiss.  I like that it is East-West. 

Did you see the yellow DMQ LTS ring?  Good price and it appears solid (but no reviews).  However, it is clad which disqualifies it for me. I often have moist or sweaty hands which doesn't work with cladding.  Lots of design going on there, but I prefer the Monaco look.

Wish I could watch today's JR shows on my computer but it no longer works since the changeover, nor can I even play videos any more.  I don't understand the Q fixing what was never broken in the first place!

Weather: ugh, sounds nasty!  Our Monsoon came in as predicted last night.  It rains here like buckets being dropped from the sky, immediate flooding and people don't know how to drive in bad weather since we get so little of it.  For me this is compounded because I'm having a lot of trouble seeing.  It got so bad I called my HMO to come in right away and they refused!  I went anyway, threw a fit and found out I have dry eye.  Never had this before.  It is miserable, the glare is painful and all the lights have halos. Dr. said it happens when the heat comes on.  Chemical drops were awful so I found a natural one by Similasan (Swiss) which takes the pain away at least.  Who knew?  Any advice from anyone who reads this is appreciated.  Bad weather and vision, what a combo!

Well, two hours of JR today... are you going to get the Btop ring?  Take care~Peach

PS~Cuff is still processing!

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach - Hey Peachie!  I hope your eye gets better!  My family has been passing around viruses since thanksgiving.......my left eye has been puffy and dry for two weeks and I am unable to wear a contact.....makes driving fun!

Rained a lot last night here too...we keep having a re-occurring leak in our living room window.  It was fixed once with new flashing, but I have no idea what the problem is.....gurrr.  I have been placing containers under the drips and dumping......thank goodness I am home and caught the drips.....what a mess!

....don't get me started on the political front......what an epic fail for our country.  I am barely able to talk to my sis as we do not see eye to eye on such matters.

I may have to buy something today in order to heal myself!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi MickD--I strongly advise an "election pity gem" for you!  I know I need about 10 of them.

Peachie, I put the blue topaz ring on check status.  We had to get our kitty girls' to the vet for their Christmas "mani/pedi," then run various errands, so I missed the LTS today.  I'm currently doing battle with my eye doctor over new glasses (they are blurry and I'm sick of 'adjusting'!  I know when something isn't right and I work in the word business - can't afford not to see!).  Took DH with me to put the fear of God into them.  I'm sorry to hear about your eyes....everything can seem a battle when you're just trying to fix a health problem.

"Our" cuff on my end switched to "in process" some time today.  I don't believe it, though, as the Q hasn't hit my CC like they did before when it was "in process." Maybe one day it will cross my doorstep!

Your weather sounds awful!  When we had to ready the cats for their manicure, it was 8 degrees, so I had to warm up the car for a good 15 minutes before we brought them out in their carriers with heavy towels over them to keep the draft out.  We're going to pay for this!

Hey another 2-hour show tonight -- I saw that panda cuff, holy heck!  Maybe there will be some interesting sales tonight. 

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

I ordered the LTS gold clad ring.  I hope it is a keeper.

I just ordered http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-6-34%22-Sterling-Faceted-Black-Spinel-Link-Bracelet.product.J333327....

I have wanted this since it first was aired.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shoppergal wrote:

Hi ladies.

I just ordered http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-6-34%22-Sterling-Faceted-Black-Spinel-Link-Bracelet.product.J333327....

Hope your LTS ring is great!  Your spinel bracelet is a classic.  I'm like you....there are things I fall in love at first airing and hesitate (for me, usually due to price).

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach - Hey Peachie!  I hope your eye gets better!  My family has been passing around viruses since thanksgiving.......my left eye has been puffy and dry for two weeks and I am unable to wear a contact.....makes driving fun!

Rained a lot last night here too...we keep having a re-occurring leak in our living room window.  It was fixed once with new flashing, but I have no idea what the problem is.....gurrr.  I have been placing containers under the drips and dumping......thank goodness I am home and caught the drips.....what a mess!

....don't get me started on the political front......what an epic fail for our country.  I am barely able to talk to my sis as we do not see eye to eye on such matters.

I may have to buy something today in order to heal myself!!!!!!

Mick~ So you know about the eye thing...wow!   I am so sorry you have been going through this--it is unbelieveable, isn't it?  Had you been able to observe me posting some of the earlier posts on this thread, you would totally understand how painful, comical and pathetic it was.  The dry eye is totally hell.  Have you had the problem with bright lights, too?  I guess it is called photophobia. Completely hellish.  I drive my DH everywhere and at night all the lights have hugh halos, which I have learned to deal with.  However, the bright sunshine was beyond belief, like being stabbed.  I always wear sunglasses but have added the amber glasses over them to somewhat cope.  I tried various remedies without success and then called my opthamalogist at Kaiser to get in immediately.  He refused!  I was at the end of my rope so I basically crawled over there (it is very close TG) and cried and argued until he saw me.  He was PO'd until I explained I wouldn't see a general doctor who didn't know what they were doing (had eye surgery as a kid in Chicago, therapy, etc. for strabismus). Then, he got it.  But he still rushed while on his little pedestal and didn't deal with the bright lights problem.  I did mountains of research and got a bunch of eye supplements (from Iherb dot com--major rec. for them) and found that magnesium can help.  So, all of that along with a super green/minerals mix by Dragon Herbs (you can get packets to try first) has made a difference already.  I am using magnesium chloride oil topically, too.  I am seeing the optometrist tomorrow and requesting the dry eye tear test, also.  Mr. Big Deal Opthamalogist forgot to give it and just said everyone here has dry eye after they turned the heat on. Today, I have been taking bits of the bright sun, forcing myself to deal.  Hopefully, I will have more answers tomorrow and pray this new guy checks his ego at the door and communicates well.  I have found at Kaiser that about 50% of the doctors are good and 50% terrible.  I hope your eye is better and you can wear your contact.  It is my good eye which does 80% of the seeing that is hurting.  The laziest eye is getting a good workout right now. This dry eye thing is no joke--awful not to wear eye makeup in public, too. YIKES!

Sorry about your leaks from the rain.  Is it OK, now?

I hear you on the political front.  My heart sank today with the Electoral College vote.  While doing the eye and bright light issue research, it said that depression also added to the cause.  I am sure it is because of what is ahead of us as a country.  NPR had a great explanation for those who didn't vote on facts: the "distracted, or gullible or non-critical thinkers."  And about the Russia connection...we need those tax returns.  His son said in 2008 that most of their business was with the oligarchs there and they are in massive debt to them.  It is treason to let an outside country interfere or to be involved with one in business.  Mick, at least we are in a place who will fight the good fight against them.

Did you buy anything to heal yourself?  Haha.  We need a JR distraction!  Take care, good to hear from you and thanks for posting.Heart  Happy Holidays~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,605.

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi MickD--I strongly advise an "election pity gem" for you!  I know I need about 10 of them.

Peachie, I put the blue topaz ring on check status.  We had to get our kitty girls' to the vet for their Christmas "mani/pedi," then run various errands, so I missed the LTS today.  I'm currently doing battle with my eye doctor over new glasses (they are blurry and I'm sick of 'adjusting'!  I know when something isn't right and I work in the word business - can't afford not to see!).  Took DH with me to put the fear of God into them.  I'm sorry to hear about your eyes....everything can seem a battle when you're just trying to fix a health problem.

"Our" cuff on my end switched to "in process" some time today.  I don't believe it, though, as the Q hasn't hit my CC like they did before when it was "in process." Maybe one day it will cross my doorstep!

Your weather sounds awful!  When we had to ready the cats for their manicure, it was 8 degrees, so I had to warm up the car for a good 15 minutes before we brought them out in their carriers with heavy towels over them to keep the draft out.  We're going to pay for this!

Hey another 2-hour show tonight -- I saw that panda cuff, holy heck!  Maybe there will be some interesting sales tonight. 

Sammy, you have some fancy cats, there!  I cut all three of your Yorkies' hair and it is a process.  Two don't mind, but the third always ends up looking a little funky, haha!

I explain above to Mick, my current eye hell.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better picture from the optometrist.  I think healthy supplementation makes a big difference, especially minerals, magnesium, lutein, eyebright, bilberry and astaxanthin.  Yeah, as you know and live, words are everything to us and we've got to see them clearly!!!!!  I adjusted the computer glare, too, and got Similasan computer eye relief. 

Would you believe at night here in SoCal, it has been in the low 30s? 

Didn't get anything during the last show but put the large clad DMQ cross enhancer on waitlist.  "Our" cuff did ship.  I hope I get a smaller one than the large ordered.  I'm easy with an average hand and small wrist, so I don't mind as long as it doesn't fall off.  I love the art of the piece which is priority for me.  I also sometimes do the "Visa squeeze" if you know what that is from the old days on the JR board. 

Take care and hope you get satisfaction with your glasses (blurry is BS!) and that the kitties look their holiday best!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@Shoppergal wrote:

Hi ladies.

Shoppergal, serious congrats!  Please let us what you think of the ring when you receive it.  It is currently back to double the LTS price.  Nice buy!  Also, the black Spinel bracelet...  Happy Holidays~Peach