Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early February 2016 visit/gong hee fot choy! Happy Chinese New Year!

Sorry for totally disappearing for the past six weeks.  Respiratory issues again, dang it!   I've been using everything under the sun from antibiotics to rainforest herbs and it is S L O W L Y getting better.  The number one healer has turned out to be good old garlic (it came in first in a scientific experiment where the oils of several plants and herbs were dripped onto various cancers--garlic is the only one that killed all of them!).  Only side effect is the, er "fragrance" which is fine by me.  There's a lot worse things in life than smelling like garlic. 

It has been ridiculously warm in the San Gabriel Valley this weekend...pushing 80 plus degrees.  Anyway, tomorrow begins the two-week celebration of Chinese New Year and so starts the Year of the Monkey (fire element no less).  After the past couple months, I look forward to starting the new year and working on a few resolutions.

How about the Ripkanistas?

The schedule this visit, already past included a late night show 4-5AM Eastern Standard Time (1-2AM Pacific Standard Time), 10AM-Noon,  EST (7-9AM PST) and 11PM-Midnight EST (8-9PM PST) coming soon.

So, let's catch-up!   Thanks~Peach

Actual board stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; join date: May 8, 2008;  11,542 posts.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early February 2016 visit/gong hee fot choy! Happy Chinese New Year

Did anyone cave on the criss-cross ring OTO in both sterling or gold clad?  Or, the tennis bracelet OTO in all lengths and metals? 

I've stayed away from JR's tennis bracelets since I already have so many, both real from long ago and several in Diamonique.  But, I like the square shape and E/P so I finally went for the sterling in 6 3/4".  I hope to really, really be as impressed as all of the reviews say...Heart ~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early February 2016 visit/gong hee fot choy! Happy Chinese New Year

Hi Peachie!  Glad you are starting to feel better!  Great minds must think alike, because the only thing I bought, too, was the OTO tennis bracelet in silver.  Nothing else grabbed me, or, I should say nothing else grabbed me at the price point offered.  Last go round I bought the oto chrono warch in black wf a steal, so I can't complain!  Two older treasures at great prices.

Nice to see you posting my friend.  Heart

Valued Contributor

Hello Peach. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I remember you talking about the healing properties of garlic. I don't remember how you tell if garlic bulbs are irrratiated. I think it is hard to find garlic that is not treated. I imagine you are fragrant. Ha. If it heals your illness, who cares!

I will be watching the Judith Ripka jewelry coming on in a few minutes. I don't think Judith has been here so far. I mostly watched Barbara Bixby. I like some of her jewelry.I ordered the TSV flower bracelet.  Gayle

Super Contributor

Yo, Peachy!

Sorry to read you've been under the weather.  Sending lots of healthy vibes to you.

I hope you saw my invitation the the new FB group Ripkanistas.  I hope you'll consider joining.

Take care and be well.