Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2016 mini-visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Am super nervous--have a major dental visit in the morning, so in a way it is nice to have the JR distraction!  This has been a difficult journey post-braces to find a new dentist after mine sold his practice to a shyster and has taken nearly a year of searching.  Ripkanistas, I discovered it is always good to get a second opinion, even if you trust your dentist.  Do I have post-braces, two cavities, or is it five?  Is my onlay in perfect shape or should it be replaced?  Do they freak out if you cough or mention you are not into fluoride?  Do they want to saw down all your healthy teeth for caps?  You wouldn't believe the salesmanship, nonsense and outright lies I've been told...all for profit.  So, I *think* I've found my match, after four tries.  He convinced me after proving my Ortho didn't completely correct my bite and borrowing my book on remineralizing teeth to read for himself.  He also showed me that I still had dental cement all over my teeth from the Ortho after three other dentists said I was a sloppy brusher!  One poster on the New York Times site said it took her seven tries, so I think I'm OK.  Fingers crossed. 

Here's the shorty schedule this visit:  Monday 1-3AM Eastern Standard Time (10PM Sunday-Midnight Monday, Pacific Standard Time); 6-7PM EST (3-4PM PST).

Lots of goodies on sale this time so it is worth it to search Ripka Sale on the Q site.

So, what's up with you?  Please share how life is treating you and which JR designs are lighting up your world.  Thanks~Peach

Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2016 mini-visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

[ Edited ]

I am thinking about J330431. I just wondered if it was as well made as the ice cube bracelet. Great price. Good wishes with your dental issues.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2016 mini-visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Peachie - How did the dental appointment go?  I ordered nothing.....but will post the two monacos that arrived last month.....soon.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@Sherbear1 wrote:

I am thinking about J330431. I just wondered if it was as well made as the ice cube bracelet. Great price. Good wishes with your dental issues.

Sherbear, thanks. First, let's talk your tennis bracelet that you are interested in, the new Estate one with baguettes.  Have you looked closely at the photos?  In one it looks like the undergallery is very slim but that could just be the picture.  It is so hard to know unless you have it in hand, right?  I agree that the ice cube tennis is very well made.  Quality is all over the place.  I was shocked at how bendy the Montana ring setting was, even though I loved the pink DMQ stone and Judith's  design.  Anyway, the price is enticing on the new Estate tennis with baquettes and it is so beautiful!  Please let me know what you decide!

Thanks for the the good wishes about the dental business.  It was lengthy and fairly traumatizing.  While I think I'm staying with the new guy, the front composite veneers he did are large and need some softening at the corners.  I think I'm still in shock at looking so different, even if it is an improvement...

Take care~Peach

Actual stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,587.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Peachie - How did the dental appointment go?  I ordered nothing.....but will post the two monacos that arrived last month.....soon.....

MickD, I had been waiting for the big Kahuna opal cuff to go down (gulp) and it did, sooooo... I pray it is a fantastic one!

The two Monacos are so beautiful, but I wish they were not clad (my moist hands would destroy it), so I hope she does a reverse thing and comes out with the sterling.

The dental appointment for composite veneers went OK from the standpoint that I really like him on nearly every front:  brains, ethics, money, skill, office, staff, open-minded, superior communicator.  His story is compelling.  He came here 26 years ago from the city that is currently the center of the refugee crisis.  He is more an engineer than an artist though.  I think I am going to ask him to soften the corners which is more feminine and how my natural teeth looked.  Am still in shock in the change in look.  I would rec. him though as he is vastly superior to any other dentist I've met in LA.  He's in Glendora since you are here in SoCal also.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,588.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi ladies,

I'm on the fence about that peridot ring....it's marked down $70 and it's calling to me, and I'm trying to pretend I can't hear it!

Super Contributor

Lucky Peach I hate going to the dentist but sounds like you are on the right track. I looked closer at the bracelet I am going to think about it. I wear my ice cube all the time I even sleep in it. If I still like it in a couple days I will get it. 

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi ladies,

I'm on the fence about that peridot ring....it's marked down $70 and it's calling to me, and I'm trying to pretend I can't hear it!

Sammycat, how goes it for you and DH?  Did you spring for the Peridot ring?  Pretend you can't hear it, haha!

If you get this, please tell your DH my DH is at the Baaken oil fields testing out his methane sniffer doing research in conjunction with a Nowegian company.  Plenty of leaks there, unfortunately, for the environment. 

Hope you are well!  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@Sherbear1 wrote:

Lucky Peach I hate going to the dentist but sounds like you are on the right track. I looked closer at the bracelet I am going to think about it. I wear my ice cube all the time I even sleep in it. If I still like it in a couple days I will get it. 

Sherbear, do you like your dentist?  I read that some people have teeth like rocks while others have teeth like chalk.  I'm inbetween.  For many out there, I've found it is a game like auto repair.  After I posted to you, my new dentist called me at home, which I appreciated, but I wasn't going to voice any concerns long distance.

About the new Estate tennis bracelet: sounds like a good idea to think about for a couple of days.  I do that myself (and longer). You might want to call the Q and find out how long the sale price lasts, though.  I didn't see a sale deadline posted.  That's a real sign of quality that you can sleep in the ice cube.  Impressive.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,589.

Respected Contributor

I caved on the estate tennis bracelet in sterling silver.  It looks like a beauty!