Super Contributor

LBT necklace was missing a stone

They're showing a gorgeous new london blue topaz necklace now. But when they first showed it, it looked like it was missing a stone right above the large main stone. Then they cut away to Suzanne.  When they came back to the main shot, it had all of the stones.  Did anyone else see this or am I imagining things?

Frequent Contributor

Re: LBT necklace was missing a stone

You are absolutely right. I'd think twice before paying that kind of money on an item when the on air sample showed such a major defect.

Honored Contributor

There was just a kink in the chain.  Suzanne straightened it out on air. 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

You're not imaging things cause I saw it, too!!  How could they have not seen that!  Last week Jill had a Joan Rivers pave band on that was missing a stone!  Someone's not paying attention!!  Makes you wonder about quality control....

Frequent Contributor

That was another issue. The first necklace on the display was missing the small stone just above the large stone. It reminded me of a beautiful smile with a missing tooth!

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

There was just a kink in the chain.  Suzanne straightened it out on air. 

But it wasn't on the model..It was on the display bust...

Honored Contributor

@nana59 oh great eyes......I missed it!   Big oops on their part!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I haven't been watching the show, but checked out some of the prices just now.  I can't believe how expensive this line has gotten - for silver, diamonique and some semi-precious gemstones.

I have quite a lot of JR's pieces but I was lucky enough to buy them years ago, when the prices were really good and so was the quality.  Sorry, but I just can't see myself paying some of these high prices; not even for the "name".

Super Contributor

I'm glad that others saw it too and that I wasn't imagining things.

Respected Contributor

At first it looked like that, but the lights drowned out the London Blue Topaz.