Valued Contributor

Judith Ripka NEW Athena WATCH

J326022... So what does everyone think of Ripka's New watch?? Number one, it's made out of plastic. It cracks me up how Rick is trying to spin the word plastic to make it sound more fancy. He's describing it by saying it's "plasteek". Spelling it how he pronounced it, Lol.

Is anyone buying it? The price is decent for what it is. I like the colors and was going to choose Pink, but both Judith & Rick said it's more purple pink, than just straight up pink. Hmmm... I wanted a true PINK! 

I may pass on it, still deciding. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka NEW Athena WATCH

No, I'd rather have Isaac's ceramic. I do like her new sterling link bracelet but I really don't need it....at all...lol
Esteemed Contributor

I would have ordered that watch in a second, and I also wanted the pink and then what Judith said about the color I stopped myself.  Now my choice is the all white, but then again, Rick didn't say if the watch can be sized.  I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and I thought the average would just fit, but if I went to large, I would need to remove some links.  So instead of playing guessing games, I just won't order it.  I have too many watches now.  

Valued Contributor

Hi Bling... The PINK looks so pretty though. I'm having a hard time passing it up. On my computer and Ipad the pink definitely looks PINK, so I was really confused why they were saying otherwise. 

And it sure looks like you can remove links from this watch like all of Judith's others. I can see the pins on the side of the links so that shouldn't be a problem for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

Hi Bling... The PINK looks so pretty though. I'm having a hard time passing it up. On my computer and Ipad the pink definitely looks PINK, so I was really confused why they were saying otherwise. 

And it sure looks like you can remove links from this watch like all of Judith's others. I can see the pins on the side of the links so that shouldn't be a problem for you. 

Hi Italia:  I did see the pins.  I'm thinking of ordering both the average and the large.  I'm hoping the average fits so I don't have to take any links out of it.  Like you said on my IPad it looks like a true pink and the same for my laptop.  I guess if I end up ordering it I'll know for sure when it arrives.  Enjoy watching the shows.  There's a lot of new pieces being offered. Lots to choose from.  

Respected Contributor

It is nice for $50 bucks. I have way too many watches. You'll probably be happy.
Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

Hi Italia:  I did see the pins.  I'm thinking of ordering both the average and the large.  I'm hoping the average fits so I don't have to take any links out of it.  Like you said on my IPad it looks like a true pink and the same for my laptop.  I guess if I end up ordering it I'll know for sure when it arrives.  Enjoy watching the shows.  There's a lot of new pieces being offered. Lots to choose from.  

Hi again Bling (love your name by the way Lol... it's so fitting for me as well Smiley Happy

I'm happy for you that you decided to order the watch. I just LOVE the light touches of Pink without screaming PINK watch lol. Here's hoping the average works best for your needs. And yes, please do post your review when you receive it. I'll be anxiously waiting to hear what you have to say. I haven't jumped off the fence yet...hahaha. Smiley Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Hi iTalia, BlingQueen , I love Judith's watches and have not been able to resist buying this new one ! I too loved the pink and ordered it. It looked perfectly pink to me on my iPad and on the TV when presented. It will be here on Tuesday I think and I will post back to let you know my review of it. It looks like a fun watch and I liked the subtle pink accents . Priced right too.
Esteemed Contributor

@anisha wrote:
Hi iTalia, BlingQueen , I love Judith's watches and have not been able to resist buying this new one ! I too loved the pink and ordered it. It looked perfectly pink to me on my iPad and on the TV when presented. It will be here on Tuesday I think and I will post back to let you know my review of it. It looks like a fun watch and I liked the subtle pink accents . Priced right too.

Hi there Anisha and Italia.  Congrats on the new watch.  I love the looks of it.  I think I'm going to go with the pink myself and only order the large.  Just hate the thought of going to a jeweler to make it smaller.  For the price, it looks like costs a lot more this watch.  Enjoy yours Anisha and enjoy the rest of the shows.  

Valued Contributor

I might have considered it because of the price if I didn't have the silicone watch in white. I do find it a bit strange though that she would release a mostly white watch when all the QVC vendor's are getting ready to launch their fall lines. I feel this should have been launched in April/May.