Honored Contributor

Judith Ripka Designs...Question Please

Eyeing few items made in Thailand. Does anyone know are these from JR collection before selling her company? Want to collect older solid pieces. One last question-JR Watches which would you suggest and why? Thank you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Designs...Question Please

I own three Chrono's in Silver, Rose Gold, and yellow gold.  I love them all.  I think the Lola as well as the Remington are also cool.  I prefer Judith's watches that have the deployment clasp.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have only been buying since 2008, and haven't bought anything in a long time.

The pieces that I have were all made in Thailand, so the weight issue is not related to where manufactured. Are the recent items still made in Thailand?

Occasional Contributor

I think that most of her collection, old & new, is made in Thailand. There are a few chains that are made in Italy (Verona items), but that is about it, as far as I know.

As far as her watches, IMHO nothing beats her Regent watch. I have it in silvertone and it is beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@Minnie_SoFlo  I also have admired the Regent in sterling. It is a beauty.  The only thing that stopped me from purchasing was the diamonique on the band.  I was always afraid I would loose stones.  

Occasional Contributor

I know what you mean, I am not a big DMQ fan. I bought it on clearance, and I figure, if I loose a stone I can take it to a jeweler or contact the Q. One thing to look out for is if the stones are set straight. I wanted to get a goldtone regent too, and the one that qvc sent me had crooked dmq stones around the face. It was so bad! Needless to say, that got returned asap and I gave up on getting another one.

Honored Contributor

Chose JR Cushion Watch Rose Gold, No Diamonq. Omg!!!! Beautiful. Comfortable with understated elegance. Can't tell you! How many compliments on a daily basis. Substantial weight! Yet comfortable. Even sleep in it. Rose Gold beautiful warm shade. 

Honored Contributor

Chose JR Cushion Watch Rose Gold, No Diamonq. Omg!!!! Beautiful understated elegance. Can't tell you! How many compliments on a daily basis. Substantial weight! Yet comfortable. Even sleep in it. Rose Gold beautiful warm shade.