Respected Contributor

Re: I Have Been Away and Want To Ask About Ripka

It sure looks like Ripka sold a ton of jewelry yesterday and a lot of the TSV.  I did not buy the new studs as I own the previous ones (not in Asher cut) in 5 CTW in rose, yellow gold and silver.  I also own the 3 CTW in silver.  I love them all and wear them all of the time.  Clearly she is still popular on the Q.

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all for the answers.  I did notice the change in format.  Trying to come by more frequently

Frequent Contributor

LexPex, welcome back! There is also another FB group called Ripkanistas, which is a closed group too. You need to click on "join" and an admin will accept you. Lots of Q members there as well. Hope to see you there!

Honored Contributor

Excellent comments. Recently trying to find a ring without Faux Diamonds. Seems most JR rings are accented with. Perplexing and distressing the prices.
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD wrote:

LexPex ~ There is a JR facebook group that I joined in the summer.  It is a closed group, but if you ask to join they'll let you in.  I haven't been there in a couple months, but the sight is bumpin and jumpin!  Ladies post pictures everyday of their old and new stuff!  Many of the posters who used to post here post there and they'll know you, so don't feel like an outsider.....it is a very welcoming group!

Please join us. Many people in the Judith Ripka Lovers Facebook group have received the TSV ring. There are pictures of them wearing all the different colors. Here is the address if you want to join the group. You just ask to join and then are approved. It is a great bunch in the group. They have a spring lunch with Ms. Ripka and a big weekend away in the summer planned.
You can also search Judith Ripka Lovers on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/646736305409491/

Occasional Contributor

Regarding prices, I agree, they are too high. For example, I wanted a pair of turquoise doublet earrings to match a ring I had already purchased. Here at the Q, the price was $300 (J295484). I did not purchase these earrings.  By shopping around, I was able to find a pair at Saks-the same turquoise doublet but these also had white sapphires (no dmq yay), for LESS than $300 (sale price with a coupon code, & free shipping). That clearly illustrates the insanity of these high prices. When Saks is cheaper, the pricing strategy really needs to be overhauled.

As for younger women not liking JR, I am in my 30s (ok not so young LOL) and I love Ripka. I think to reach the younger demographics she would need to do a cool advertising campaign, like the one John Hardy did with Cara Delevingne. I love those ads!