Super Contributor

You will find a little flat bar underneath the bangle with a little tag on the side.  Swing

that bar down (that is your safety catch) then you can press on the "button" on the side

of the bracelet - that will release the locking mechanism to open the bangle.  Hope

that helps.

Super Contributor

@Sharoneedle wrote:

help!  How do you open these bracelets.  I cannot get either to open?

========

There is a locking bar underneath the bangle where it comes together.  Click it open & push it in the oppositite direction;    push on the plunger while pulling the bangle apart.  It may be a tiny bit stiff at first.  It will never be loosey goosey even after using it for awhile.  That is in your favor, for it shows how well made this piece is.  I hope you enjoy your treasure.

New Contributor

Thank you thank you.  It worked.

Sharon

Super Contributor

@kiwi55 wrote:

Moongirl,

For those of us who don't do Facebook we would love to see that picture

of the 4 bangles stacked.  Could you mention it on Facebook and see if

someone can re post it here on the Forum for the rest of us Ripkanistas????

Spoiler
:smileyhappy

kiwii55,
the facebook group is a closed group. this means only the members can see the pictures, post the pictures, and read all the posts. There are quite a few ladies that only do fb , just to be able to communicate with other judith ripka lovers.  It is a safe place.you can  fb using your name or it could be  a name like  Kiwi Lemon! All you need is an email address.. it is so simple and i know you would love it...lots of die hard fans who once  said they were not going to be on fb ... are on it!! Most  just for the sole purpose of being part of  this wonderful, sharing, and caring group. Think about, I enjoy your posts and know you would love it, have a lot to contribute to the group and fit right in!
Super Contributor

Thanks for all the info Moongirl on joining the FB group.  I will give it some thought.

Still haven't got my bangle yet.  The Post Office forwarded it to Las Vegas but it only

got one town away from where I lived and that Post Office returned it to my address in

Oregon.  The Post Office there received it and forwarded it again but somehow it got

lost in the system for a week.  Las Vegas Post Office just found it today, so they are

return forwarding it to my original address as I just got back from Vegas.

Probably get it Monday.  Sure hope I love it after all the travelling around the country it has been doing???

Super Contributor

I hope you love your peridot bangle as much as I do, it will be worth the wait , while it toured the country!

I don't mean to be pushy about fb,but I really enjoy it.  I have been reading the forum post for a long time and I think  I finally wrote my first post on the Ripka forum in 2007.  Most of my time spent on fb is looking at the pictures the ladies post.  I like that it is closed group, no one but the group can see or read.

let us know how you like your new bangle!

Frequent Contributor

Re: 2nd shipment A-D bangle

[ Edited ]

I have also seen pictures of someone wearing all four cuffs, On facebook's Judith Ripka Lovers page, and they are not too much but gorgeous!   

Valued Contributor

@MizKringle wrote:

I received mine too, but I'm not sure if I'll keep them.  I've worn the blue topaz and the amethyst ones quite a bit and i like them both.  But the stones in the peridot and the garnet are smaller and are underwhelming.  The garnet does not seem to have the life that I expect in a garnet, and it seems to have a slight tinge of brown.  The peridot in that size needs to be slightly deeper in color to stand out.  I tried the garnet on with one of my JR thin cuffs with DMQ and that looked pretty good, so I'm undecided.I have a JR peridot ring and the bracelet would have been a nice coordinating piece, but the ring looks good with one of the JR link bracelets or a DMQ cuff, so it's hard to make an argument for keeping it.

I too have been thinking about whether to keep the peridot bangle. I loved the London Blue Bangle but though the peridot color seems a good saturation I am not "in love" with it.  I am also "not feeling the love" for the third bangle.

However, I do feel I would enjoy the earrings in that third shipment. So I have decided not to cancel auto-delivery just to have a look at the final bangle.

I do have many JR cuffs and bangles, several amethyst, and one of those is a wide cuff, which includes peridot marquise stones which are much more noticeable than thie peridot in the new peridot bangle.  I will most likely keep it.  

I like the the idea of wearing all three bangles together. 

Super Contributor

Moongirl,

Latest update is - I still haven't received my bangle.  My local Post Office called me

today to see what was going on with my package.  Apparently they just got notified

that it will be shipping soon - it has ended up in South Carolina now????  Wonder

if it got returned to QVC???  My 30 day return will probably be up before I even

catch sight of it?  This is an unbelievable botch up from the Post Office - not QVC.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the amethyst, garnet AD.  The garnet bracelet arrived.  It is lovely.