Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: what is (are) your favorite pieces of jewelery?

I love my simple wedding band of course, but I have  a beautiful gold link bracelet my DS gave me for Christmas. It was the year he turned 19 and had had his first  full time job in stock (he loved it) at Mervyn's.

He was so happy to give me this and said so sincerely "It's real gold, mom." I treasure that memory Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I LOVE pendants, but my favorite pieces of jewelry are bold rings in hues of pink, light blue, and of course a girls best friend- DIAMONDS. My absolute favorite currently is a beautiful pink jade ring I received for Christmas.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

My favorite pieces are six pairs of earrings (3 "gold" and 3 "silver") that I bought at Dress Barn about 15 years ago.

Simple hoops with an omega back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Other than my wedding set with engagement ring & diamond anniversary band, my favorites would be the pieces I wear most often. That includes a yellow gold cross and chain which was a gift from my aunt over 40 years ago, a silver & black onyx ring, and a Diamonique band ring in silver. 

Respected Contributor

I have three.

The first is a heart shaped amethyst that was my mother's. My second is an antique platinum and small diamond ring that was my beloved aunt's.

The third is something I purchased when I retired. It is a pin with three birds with tiny diamonds and turquoise. It is to symbolize myself and my two brothers with whom I have always been close. Flying together through life through all its joys and turbulence.  

Honored Contributor

I like my eternity band....not small, not large....brilliant and simple.  I really like my engagement ring...perfect simple solitaire set low on a knife edge platinum band.  Just classic.  I like my watches that were acquired during Wall Street days....a tank and a submariner...both timeless but I've worn a Garmin fenix for a few years now.  Most of my jewelry sits...usually.  The only piece I wear frequently are my gold phoenix earrings....once in a while small gold hoops.  It is fun to pursue and play sporadically, I enjoy what I have...but not a big jewelry wearer and haven't sought or bought in quite a while.

Trusted Contributor

As other posters have stated, I've been collecting jewelry for so many years, it's hard to pick one or two pieces that I love more than the others. Last year for my birthday my late husband gave me a pair of white sapphire studs--4 carats each ear--that are drop dead gorgeous! WOW! Stunners! I guess they are my favorites.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few and can't list them all.  Here are few though:

Of course, my engagement ring!

A pearl and diamond ring which is an heirloom given to my by my Mom which was passed to her from her favorite aunt and was composed of various pieces of jewelry from other family members

A cameo ring my Mom bought me one year for my birthday

A gold pendant with the Virgin Mother from my Mom

A gold eternity ring from DH for our 20th wedding anniversary

A ruby band ring from DH for my 70th birthday

A gold and small diamond cluster ring which was my Mom's and she gave to me

The above things are so precious to me and I am so grateful and thankful to have them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats 

That is absolutely beautiful! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I am an earring girl--have  a few hundred--yes, I said, a few hundred, pairs --of mostly studs. I like necklaces too. I am going thru a pearl frenzy right now, bought a lovely golden south sea pearl necklace  with moissinite stones on the bail, as a to- me from- me for going thru a  divorce in 2021---love labradorite and chrome diopside and prefer the artisan made jewelry. Am a sterling sliver lover too,  so 3/4 of my collection is silver. I did sell alot of the gold that I bought from QVC, back when gold was about $300 an ounce--made some good $$ on it. Now I am buying some tanzanite and sleeping beauty turquoise--mostly for my dughter when I kick the bucket.