Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  I have not purchased any jewlery from the Q in years but I do have several diamonique pieces from way back that are still looking nice.  If you see the quality going down, I don't doubt you.  Seems like the qaulity is going down in quite a few lines on here.  Anyway I did recently purchase a pair of  Absolute one carat earrings on HSN and they are really beautiful and believable!!  Give that line a try.

Trusted Contributor

I really liked the Tacori diamonique line.  If I'm not mistaken it was platinum clad and the designs were intricate.  

Esteemed Contributor

My very purchase was a 14k yellow ring back in the early 90s.

But I stopped long ago when the settings got so thin, even for the silver ones.  Not the same thing at all.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

I really liked the Tacori diamonique line.  If I'm not mistaken it was platinum clad and the designs were intricate.  

@nova   I so agree with you. I purchased several pieces from their Tacori line...earrings, stack rings and a solitaire ring. I think it was a great loss when they left. IMO, Q started trying to copy some of the looks (quite poorly) & maybe caused them to leave. Another reason is that Q doesn't receive the full amount of sales from other lines, just a %, so why not give it a try to duplicate and keep all the revenue?

Honored Contributor

During presentations, it's often repeated that Diamonique is a chance to step up the size of your diamond wedding set or real diamond studs...explanation for fancy cuts and larger sizes. I'm also noticing too much detail, halo settings and styles that make the main stone look not real. If someone (me) would spend $ for a real diamond of excellent quality and maybe 3 CT's., I wouldn't choose highway design bands, multiple surrounding stones, etc. that detract from the larger stone. That makes it look immediately artificial. 

Valued Contributor

I have a few pieces from years ago. I tried a few pieces about two years ago & they did not look the same. I sent them back & will not buy again. I am not one for big jewelry so the stones were on the small side. They just looked fake.

Respected Contributor

I hadn't purchased any Diamonique in years but saw J369297 the Wildflower Pendant Necklace and it came today and it is lovely! So glad I took a chance on the new Diamonique items and I guess I'll have to look and see what else they have new.

Diamonique 26" Wildflower Pendant Necklace, Sterling Silver - QVC.com

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Am I the only person who is thinking diamonique has changed dramatically.  I have sent back my last 4 purchases  I am not new to this jewelry but lately it looks like clear glass

@mollymaggie If you can find it in the search I posted how CZ's are made. There are different formulas and different production methods. The current Diamonique CZs are very different from th3 previous ones from ten or more years ago. I can clearly see the difference in stones placed side by stone. 

New Contributor
I have pieces that are well over 30 years old in solid gold, the quality is definitely gone and it will never be be the same. The cz itself has changed as well.
As much as I’m tempted to purchase a piece the reviews stop me. I never had a stone fall from my diamonique jewelry ever, that said the majority are from a long time ago not the current quality. The difference is really obvious.
Occasional Contributor

I don't own what would be considered a big collection of diamonique.  I have seven rings, two pair of stud earrings, and a small pendant.  I've never problems with the earrings. I've had problems with several of the rings when stones were  falling out.  The finish on the pendant wore off as well as the finish on all my ephinany rings.  It looks exactly like the ugly side of tin foil.  It's supposed to be sterling underneath, but it won't shine up like sterling silver.  The finish is NOT covered by the warranty but the stones are.  I've never had any problems getting a refund on the rings when stones popped out.  I've been pretty happy  with their service.