Honored Contributor

Your Jewelry Collection

[ Edited ]

My jewelry collection consists of necklaces, bracelets, rings, brooches, and watches. I don’t wear earrings. Most of my pieces are classic & understated. I don’t wear super bold large colorful pieces. 

I own more necklaces than any other style of jewelry. I own about 20 different necklaces. I like having a variety for all the different tops & sweaters I have. I have fashion necklaces, gold & silver necklaces, chains in different lengths with various pendants, beads, etc. 

I have fewer watches, rings, brooches, & bracelets, and I tend to wear the same ones over and over again so there’s no reason to buy more of those. 

What about you? What’s your jewelry collection look like? 

Respected Contributor

I have some of everything.  I wear it all (not at once Woman Very Happy).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of stuff - a couple of boxes and an armoire full.

Every so often I go through to see what's in them - and then end up  wearing the same stuff.  

I was thinking recently - I should bring out the pearls.  Haven't worn them in years.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Jewelry Collection

[ Edited ]

I've been buying gold and silver for more than 50 years and I have a beautiful collection.  About 14 years ago my home was burglarized and I lost a lot of my Native American jewelry ( including three squash blossoms I'd inherited from my mother) and some gold and Mikimoto pearls.  These were among my favorites but I still have plenty ( and have since more than replaced my N.A. jewelry).  During this difficult time I'm not wearing any of it (except wedding set and a watch) but I still take it out and play with it.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot, so much I forget what I have, and lots of everything including about 100 high-quality watches.  I have no costume except of few piece of Joan Rivers and Linea.  I have mucho turquoise jewelry, mostly older Indian made pieces, and almost everything I own is silver.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@patbz   I bet you were sick over the burgary especially over the loss of your mother's pieces.  I had two burglaries when I lived in Houston and lost some old inherited pieces so I know how you feel.  Isn't it fun replacing them though?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i also have A LOT.  but styles change, tastes change, and i have no one to pass it on to.  

i've been trying to downsize a bit on facebook marketplace, and craigslist.  don't get alot of action on either one with the jewelery.

lots of my good things are on the smaller side, which i don't wear much of. prefer now the bolder look. 

i'm always on the fence, as the price of gold keeps going up tho.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have a lot of stuff - a couple of boxes and an armoire full.

Every so often I go through to see what's in them - and then end up  wearing the same stuff.  

I was thinking recently - I should bring out the pearls.  Haven't worn them in years.  

@ALRATIBA 

I haven’t worn my pearls in ages either. They were given to me to wear with my wedding dress in the 90s. I wore them several times after that, but not in years now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

I've been buying gold and silver for more than 50 years and I have a beautiful collection.  About 14 years ago my home was burglarized and I lost a lot of my Native American jewelry ( including three squash blossoms I'd inherited from my mother) and some good and Mikimoto pearls.  These were among my favorites but I still have plenty ( and have since more than replaced my N.A. jewelry).  During this difficult time I'm not wearing any of it (except wedding set and a watch) but I still take it out and play with it.

@patbz 

@Kachina624 

I’m sorry about the burglaries & loss of your favorite sentimental pieces. I’ve never had anything like that happen to me, but I’m sure it’s very upsetting. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma  My collection insists of mostly rings and bracelets. I wear my jewelry 24/7. My favorite jewelry line is John Hardy,Effy, Jai,Bixby ,konstantino, lagos. I wear my JH,Jai

,lagos bangles 24/7.Pendants variety,with the exception of my cross pendant from Bixby that I wear daily on a 16. Inch round box chain Also mu king baby cross anklet. .Earring I wear daily JH drop 18k/SS. My rings change with my mood.

My new purchase of Jai tree of line pendant is also my new favorite pendant on a 30 inch round box chain

Jewelry I no longer wear  has been given to my sister or daughter in law, or friends.My passion is jewelry and  I wear jewelry 24/7. I have a collectin of  watches, my favorite  are my snoopy watches. While my collection may be small compared to others,my passion has not wavier. 

While  I have gemstone jewelry,I perfer  white or  mix metal jewelry with no stones.