Super Contributor

Re: Wow. Today (10/2) is Creede Silver Day and not one current post about it?

On 10/2/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:

I'm not much of a silver fan--I'm a gold junkie--but I will buy it if the piece is just that beautiful and unique. So often really remarkable pieces are not offered in gold but in silver. Nothing grabbed me by the wallet in this batch. And I won't buy anything with crystals of any kind--gimme real gemstones, please. Seems like the best gemstones in silver are on jtv.

Yep! I buy more jewelry from JTV than QVC. Lots of gemstones in silver. Reasonable prices too!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 UseToLoveQVC said: I've moved to post for first time today to express the same sentiments as you all. Like many of you said, I use to couldn't wait for Creede Silver Day back 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 years ago and would watch all day and buy. There were always some cute, unique earrings I would buy for under $30. For the past few years I've brought nothing, and I wanted to buy something, but the same cheap, look the same type jewelry is displayed. QVC needs to look at what they use to make that made people buy and start making that type of jewelry. There's people here who want to spend their money but won't because the jewelry is nothing special. We shop from home shopping network to see stuff and buy stuff we don't see in a store, but lately I've being seeing no better on QVC then the same stuff in the stores. I, too, have pieces that I brought in the past from Creede Silver Day and Diamonique Day and I'm in awe of them still. Their more beautiful then anything I see today. QVC...are you listening. Take these suggestions. Get new buyers, designers with an creative imagination, if you have to up the prices to make beautiful pieces, because the price of jewelry went up, I'm sure people will buy if the jewelry is irresistible.

What an awesome first post!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Remee said:

Last night Lisa was selling a beaded sterling bracelet for $ 299.00 !! It WAS pretty, and just because it was Vicenza, it goes for $ 299.00 ???? It's sterling, and possibly electroform !!!!!!

I couldn't believe the price for a sterling bracelet.

Yep. I saw that. Love the style, not the price! Oddly similar bracelets in lapis and turquoise are selling for 50 dollars less........

Super Contributor

It is one big YAWN
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Hibi said:
On 10/2/2014 Remee said:

Last night Lisa was selling a beaded sterling bracelet for $ 299.00 !! It WAS pretty, and just because it was Vicenza, it goes for $ 299.00 ???? It's sterling, and possibly electroform !!!!!!

I couldn't believe the price for a sterling bracelet.

Yep. I saw that. Love the style, not the price! Oddly similar bracelets in lapis and turquoise are selling for 50 dollars less........

I LOVED that bracelet until I saw the price, yikes!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Hibi said:
On 10/2/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 10/2/2014 jlkz said: Do you think QVC will get the message ????

No; they'll just wrongly deduce that jewelry doesn't sell and start pushing more electronics, mattresses and Vitamixes.

Sad, but true! There were a few items that tempted me, but way too expensive. Decided to get the ultrafine bead bracelet and matching necklace. More in my price range..... Don't care for the TSV at all. Too stiff looking and expensive.......

I had my eye on that bracelet too!

Respected Contributor

The TSV is beautiful! But with Ripka coming to the Q next week. I hesitate to purchase.

Contributor

I do not like it when QVC wastes an entire day on just jewelry, of any kind. It may be nice to wear, but it is very boring to see it on screen for hours at a time. I think I would rather watch paint dry.

Regular Contributor

On 10/2/2014 gazelle77 said: It is one big YAWN

My exact thought was "one big pile of snooze" - maybe it's just seeing the photos of what was presented online vs. the presentations on TV, but nothing seemed inspired/inspiring to me.

Contributor

WOW---how disappointing the sterling silver is these days. I used to take a vacation day from work to watch the 24 hours silver day shows and spend $500 to $800. There is NOTHING I have seen so far today that makes me giddy and think that "I have to have that and that and that". Every thing is so flimsy looking and just not the silver pieces from years ago. I thought I saw that silver was like $16.something an ounce these days, so I guess I just don't understand these high prices for lightweight items. Well, I'm saving money so that's good!!