Honored Contributor

Re: Wow. Today (10/2) is Creede Silver Day and not one current post about it?

They've been going down the crystal path now for a while, especially, it seems with the Vicenza line of formerly fine Italian jewelry but that is now run of the mill costume jewelry... Not to worry, I'm sure they'll roll out their own version of faux diamonds before all is said and done... If not, maybe it's because they already feature it with virtually every other line they present.

As for the whole 'jewelry doesn't sell' mantra... I've been saying for a while now that they seem intent on making this a self-fulfilling prophecy... If they want to know why jewelry doesn't sell, they need look no further than what their buyers are putting out there. No matter how wonderful they tell us their buying team is..., I think many of us love our jewelry but we aren't a captive audience. If they don't want to offer us a better variety, then yes, of course, we'll find it elsewhere and no, it won't sell here.

Oh brother, and now they're presenting colored glass... All right. It's official. I give up...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I just go and shop in my jewelry box on days like this and smile at all the lovely, unique pieces I purchased in the past for a lot less money.

Frequent Contributor

And it isn't even Creede Silver DAY anymore...just Creede Silver SALE. After all, today's QVC can't let a day go by without inserting some Susan Graver and some electronics and other items that have been collecting dust in the warehouse for a while.

Yes, I'm a little bit bitter. It was jewelry and the buyers of jewelry that created the shopping channel phenomenon. Is it too much to expect that you give some props to those of us who were here from the beginning?

My first purchase ever on a shopping channel was a sterling wave ring. I still own and wear it and it still looks good. Not all the silver I purchased back in the '80s is still wearable, but the majority of it is. And wow, considering the dearth of good jewelry available now, am I ever glad I bought some way back then.

OP, my girlfriend Judi and I used to take turns staying home from work on the all-jewelry days. We'd known each other so long and knew each others' tastes and we could buy for each other. We were both young working moms and money was tight, but we'd brown bag it to work for weeks in advance to save up some jewelry money for the big events.

I can't imagine anything I'd take a day off work for now. Certainly not the current jewelry offerings of bronzo and, as another poster said, generic crystals.

I watched the first two hours of Creede last night and just wasn't wowed by anything. The TSV is nice, but in my mind, too expensive for silver. I don't wear my silver as much as my gold so I try to keep the cost under $100. I did like the initial bracelets and bought one for the young lady who comes and walk my dogs every day after school. It's perfect for her as she's about 14 and just falling in love with jewelry.

I, too, am afraid that any lack of buyer response to today's offering will send the message that we don't want jewelry, that it doesn't sell. I'd 'run to the phones' to buy something unusual that wasn't a designer piece with designer prices. They used to have some lovely and unique items in the old Silver Style shows. No fancy designer name, just interesting jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not much of a silver fan--I'm a gold junkie--but I will buy it if the piece is just that beautiful and unique. So often really remarkable pieces are not offered in gold but in silver. Nothing grabbed me by the wallet in this batch. And I won't buy anything with crystals of any kind--gimme real gemstones, please. Seems like the best gemstones in silver are on jtv.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:

I'm not much of a silver fan--I'm a gold junkie--but I will buy it if the piece is just that beautiful and unique. So often really remarkable pieces are not offered in gold but in silver. Nothing grabbed me by the wallet in this batch. And I won't buy anything with crystals of any kind--gimme real gemstones, please. Seems like the best gemstones in silver are on jtv.

To be sure, very few gemstones in this rather uninspired mix... But then, it seems QVC rarely offers a variety of gemstones these days...

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 mysweetlife said:

And it isn't even Creede Silver DAY anymore...just Creede Silver SALE. After all, today's QVC can't let a day go by without inserting some Susan Graver and some electronics and other items that have been collecting dust in the warehouse for a while.

Yes, I'm a little bit bitter. It was jewelry and the buyers of jewelry that created the shopping channel phenomenon. Is it too much to expect that you give some props to those of us who were here from the beginning?

My first purchase ever on a shopping channel was a sterling wave ring. I still own and wear it and it still looks good. Not all the silver I purchased back in the '80s is still wearable, but the majority of it is. And wow, considering the dearth of good jewelry available now, am I ever glad I bought some way back then.

OP, my girlfriend Judi and I used to take turns staying home from work on the all-jewelry days. We'd known each other so long and knew each others' tastes and we could buy for each other. We were both young working moms and money was tight, but we'd brown bag it to work for weeks in advance to save up some jewelry money for the big events.

I can't imagine anything I'd take a day off work for now. Certainly not the current jewelry offerings of bronzo and, as another poster said, generic crystals.

I watched the first two hours of Creede last night and just wasn't wowed by anything. The TSV is nice, but in my mind, too expensive for silver. I don't wear my silver as much as my gold so I try to keep the cost under $100. I did like the initial bracelets and bought one for the young lady who comes and walk my dogs every day after school. It's perfect for her as she's about 14 and just falling in love with jewelry.

I, too, am afraid that any lack of buyer response to today's offering will send the message that we don't want jewelry, that it doesn't sell. I'd 'run to the phones' to buy something unusual that wasn't a designer piece with designer prices. They used to have some lovely and unique items in the old Silver Style shows. No fancy designer name, just interesting jewelry.

I wouldn't even really mind it being 'sale' instead of 'day' if they'd really gone all out... Clearly, they didn't. As noted, if it isn't selling, they can blame themselves for making uninspired choices.

Super Contributor

Last night Lisa was selling a beaded sterling bracelet for $ 299.00 !! It WAS pretty, and just because it was Vicenza, it goes for $ 299.00 ???? It's sterling, and possibly electroform !!!!!!

I couldn't believe the price for a sterling bracelet.

Valued Contributor

I do really like the TSV but can't justify the price right now. The rest of the offerings I've seen so far are either boring or cheap looking.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 stevieb said:

They've been going down the crystal path now for a while, especially, it seems with the Vicenza line of formerly fine Italian jewelry but that is now run of the mill costume jewelry... Not to worry, I'm sure they'll roll out their own version of faux diamonds before all is said and done... If not, maybe it's because they already feature it with virtually every other line they present.

As for the whole 'jewelry doesn't sell' mantra... I've been saying for a while now that they seem intent on making this a self-fulfilling prophecy... If they want to know why jewelry doesn't sell, they need look no further than what their buyers are putting out there. No matter how wonderful they tell us their buying team is..., I think many of us love our jewelry but we aren't a captive audience. If they don't want to offer us a better variety, then yes, of course, we'll find it elsewhere and no, it won't sell here.

Oh brother, and now they're presenting colored glass... All right. It's official. I give up...

Yes, self-fulfilling because the buyers seem to have no imagination. I am not a big fan of the crystal deal - just not for me. I was very disappointed to see Hagit's designs in the preview with colored glass in them - really? That just boggles my mind and I'm not going to buy those. Oh well, drusy, then spinel, followed by crystal and now colored glass. Nothing to see here.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/2/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:

To be sure, very few gemstones in this rather uninspired mix... But then, it seems QVC rarely offers a variety of gemstones these days...

I look elsewhere for gemstones - Q has abandoned that for the most part unless they can price it to the sky or oversell it like drusy and spinel.