Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,341
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I just like the Bella Luce.  Their gold is not very appealing to me.  The 10K looks so pale and cheap..  Plus very small gram weight.  Necklaces weighting in at 2 grams.  

 

The reason I like Bella Luce are the styles.  Super cute.  I caved and purchased a dangling 3 starfish.  So very cute.  The chain, although seems durable... are hard to open and close.  And they are all alike.  I also got a crescent moon and star (with a Bella Luce) on it.  But sadly, the same chain.  I'm keeping it, but it takes a while to try and get the chain on. I might stop buying necklaces for this reason,  though no matter how cute.  Diamonique could take a few lessons on style from Bella Luce. 

 

Their gemstones are semi precious except for Tanzanite.  But they never offer very desireable gems like Pariaba, good looking  Sapphires and good rubies.  They offer cloudy emeralds in a sick yellow green shade, heavily oiled.. You can get a ton of emeralds anywhere like that.  A good color emerald is hard to find. Just because an emerald is from Columbia, does not mean it's a good gem..  Also they are more apt to only offer gems that are cabochon.  In short, anyway they can keep the price down. And of course too much silver. 

 

Because they plate about 90% of silver in rhodium, they've been making noise about how expensive it is to plate the silver. I've already heard 3 of the hosts say that.  So it will be a matter of time, before they will offer straight sterling silver.  No rhodium plate. Their products will take a dive if they do that.  You can only spend so much time preventing sterling from tarnishing. 

 

But Bella Luce made this network.  The best fake diamond out there. Who ever developed this, should take all the praise.


@songbird I've seen exotic stones (Morganite, Kunzite, Kyanite) from time to time.  Thing is no one has an abundance of exotic gemstones except the Gem Shopping Network.  There is no middle man with that network.  I don't see the high end kinds of sapphires and rubies on any shopping channel anymore because non treated good pieces cost enormous amounts of money.  If you come upon some; you will pay a hefty price.  Yes, those emeralds are included and oiled.  

 

Speaking of low gold gram weight, that's the thing now.  Not exclusive to JTV.  No one can afford the higher gram weighty 14kt gold.  Some of it is cost prohibitive nowadays.  

 

If you want Paraiba Tourmalines, check out the Gem Shopping Network with that turntable and be prepared to pay.  They are a rare color of tourmaline.  So is the Indocolite (which I love).


I have one thankfully.  It's a blue green color. They are super expensive.  Got it from TVON. I was never in to the Tanzanite craze.  That stone is too soft for me.  I don't own one. Another network that offers cut gems with diamonds accents in 14/18K/platinum Is TVON..  Today JTV had on lab created Sapphires. It's too expensive for them to offer natural ones. I have never, ever seen a natural sapphire on that network. And yes, most of my sapphires are form Gem Shopping. Tourmaline is considered a middle of the road gem (as opposed to semi precious)  but 2 of them are super expensive.  Indicolite and Parabia they are both gorgeous.  I still don't have a indicolite.  Cost wise, my Parabia and one corn flower sapphire are my most expensive pieces of jewelry. I'm not a huge fan of gems themselves.  Just certain kinds like Corundum and Tourmaline.  Another middle of the road gem that I like is the Aqua. 

 


@songbirdlucky gal.  I know you know how hard is to come by those beautiful colors of tourmies.  I love the Pariaba, Indocolite and Rubellite.  I've seen Rubellite look like Pink Tourmaline and not red enough.  I know there is a classification, but the redder the better for Rubellite.  I just wish I had purchased some beautiful pieces when I had the chance.  Now, I can't afford to buy any of these exotic gems. 

 

The cornflower color sapphire must be Ceylon.  Those are really excellent quality.  It's my birthstone and I've been on a hunt for years trying to find good quality (not too dark sapphires).  Kanchanuburri, I don't like.  They are dark.

 

I've considered lab created but I don't know.  I was on that site just yesterday browsing.  I'm going to check out the one you mentioned too.

 

Thanks for responding.


Try not to go to lab created.  They have little or no value.  They won't increase in value.  The whole point of buying gem stones is that they are from Nature. A good alternative to Gem Shopping is TVON.  That's on the net and a channel. If you have Verizon, they have it.  The colors are super nice and everything is set with diamond accents and at least 14K.  (not silver or 10K)  And prices are lower.  Sometimes, Gem shopping (quite often in the morning or over night) will offer gemstones under $1,000.00.  

 

I know abut the Rubelite I have one.  Pink Tourmaline looks nothing next to a Rubelite.  Tourmaline & Corundum (sapphire/ruby) have every color in the rainbow, including black and white. I have several pink and one yellow sapphire.  I love corundum because they are very hard, durable gems.  They are stout little gems. They tend to be little compared to the big face gems like the tanzanite, emeralds, etc. One reason they are expensive is that their hardness is only behind the diamond. Sapphire color (only the blue) is either Royal Blue or Cornflower.  And anywhere in between. Non blue sapphires are called Fancy sapphires.  Some set in silver & without diamonds are affordable, but the colors are not the valuable ones. By the way, the red gemstone (any kind) are the most difficult color nature can create. What makes them red is the Chromium in the soil (which is toxic)  Which why Burma has plenty of rubies and soil that isn't good for growing food!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,199
Registered: ‎02-13-2021

@songbird wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I just like the Bella Luce.  Their gold is not very appealing to me.  The 10K looks so pale and cheap..  Plus very small gram weight.  Necklaces weighting in at 2 grams.  

 

The reason I like Bella Luce are the styles.  Super cute.  I caved and purchased a dangling 3 starfish.  So very cute.  The chain, although seems durable... are hard to open and close.  And they are all alike.  I also got a crescent moon and star (with a Bella Luce) on it.  But sadly, the same chain.  I'm keeping it, but it takes a while to try and get the chain on. I might stop buying necklaces for this reason,  though no matter how cute.  Diamonique could take a few lessons on style from Bella Luce. 

 

Their gemstones are semi precious except for Tanzanite.  But they never offer very desireable gems like Pariaba, good looking  Sapphires and good rubies.  They offer cloudy emeralds in a sick yellow green shade, heavily oiled.. You can get a ton of emeralds anywhere like that.  A good color emerald is hard to find. Just because an emerald is from Columbia, does not mean it's a good gem..  Also they are more apt to only offer gems that are cabochon.  In short, anyway they can keep the price down. And of course too much silver. 

 

Because they plate about 90% of silver in rhodium, they've been making noise about how expensive it is to plate the silver. I've already heard 3 of the hosts say that.  So it will be a matter of time, before they will offer straight sterling silver.  No rhodium plate. Their products will take a dive if they do that.  You can only spend so much time preventing sterling from tarnishing. 

 

But Bella Luce made this network.  The best fake diamond out there. Who ever developed this, should take all the praise.


@songbird I've seen exotic stones (Morganite, Kunzite, Kyanite) from time to time.  Thing is no one has an abundance of exotic gemstones except the Gem Shopping Network.  There is no middle man with that network.  I don't see the high end kinds of sapphires and rubies on any shopping channel anymore because non treated good pieces cost enormous amounts of money.  If you come upon some; you will pay a hefty price.  Yes, those emeralds are included and oiled.  

 

Speaking of low gold gram weight, that's the thing now.  Not exclusive to JTV.  No one can afford the higher gram weighty 14kt gold.  Some of it is cost prohibitive nowadays.  

 

If you want Paraiba Tourmalines, check out the Gem Shopping Network with that turntable and be prepared to pay.  They are a rare color of tourmaline.  So is the Indocolite (which I love).


I have one thankfully.  It's a blue green color. They are super expensive.  Got it from TVON. I was never in to the Tanzanite craze.  That stone is too soft for me.  I don't own one. Another network that offers cut gems with diamonds accents in 14/18K/platinum Is TVON..  Today JTV had on lab created Sapphires. It's too expensive for them to offer natural ones. I have never, ever seen a natural sapphire on that network. And yes, most of my sapphires are form Gem Shopping. Tourmaline is considered a middle of the road gem (as opposed to semi precious)  but 2 of them are super expensive.  Indicolite and Parabia they are both gorgeous.  I still don't have a indicolite.  Cost wise, my Parabia and one corn flower sapphire are my most expensive pieces of jewelry. I'm not a huge fan of gems themselves.  Just certain kinds like Corundum and Tourmaline.  Another middle of the road gem that I like is the Aqua. 

 


@songbirdlucky gal.  I know you know how hard is to come by those beautiful colors of tourmies.  I love the Pariaba, Indocolite and Rubellite.  I've seen Rubellite look like Pink Tourmaline and not red enough.  I know there is a classification, but the redder the better for Rubellite.  I just wish I had purchased some beautiful pieces when I had the chance.  Now, I can't afford to buy any of these exotic gems. 

 

The cornflower color sapphire must be Ceylon.  Those are really excellent quality.  It's my birthstone and I've been on a hunt for years trying to find good quality (not too dark sapphires).  Kanchanuburri, I don't like.  They are dark.

 

I've considered lab created but I don't know.  I was on that site just yesterday browsing.  I'm going to check out the one you mentioned too.

 

Thanks for responding.


Try not to go to lab created.  They have little or no value.  They won't increase in value.  The whole point of buying gem stones is that they are from Nature. A good alternative to Gem Shopping is TVON.  That's on the net and a channel. If you have Verizon, they have it.  The colors are super nice and everything is set with diamond accents and at least 14K.  (not silver or 10K)  And prices are lower.  Sometimes, Gem shopping (quite often in the morning or over night) will offer gemstones under $1,000.00.  

 

I know abut the Rubelite I have one.  Pink Tourmaline looks nothing next to a Rubelite.  Tourmaline & Corundum (sapphire/ruby) have every color in the rainbow, including black and white. I have several pink and one yellow sapphire.  I love corundum because they are very hard, durable gems.  They are stout little gems. They tend to be little compared to the big face gems like the tanzanite, emeralds, etc. One reason they are expensive is that their hardness is only behind the diamond. Sapphire color (only the blue) is either Royal Blue or Cornflower.  And anywhere in between. Non blue sapphires are called Fancy sapphires.  Some set in silver & without diamonds are affordable, but the colors are not the valuable ones. By the way, the red gemstone (any kind) are the most difficult color nature can create. What makes them red is the Chromium in the soil (which is toxic)  Which why Burma has plenty of rubies and soil that isn't good for growing food!


@songbird 

 

RUBELLITE TOURMALINE AND DIAMOND RING WITH GIA REPORT ...

 

The Rubellite ring I want above Woman Very Happy.  Yeah I know about the colors of sapphire.  I would love a nice size padpradascha.  Something about the pinky/orange color of the sapphire I find alluring.  

 

Yes, I would do a lab created sapphire.  I wouldn't do just "any lab created" sapphire though.  I'd buy one that is simple enough to wear all the time.  I don't want one as an investment.  My love of gemstones aren't necessarily for investment and long term value purposes.  Though, I see your point. I love gemstones because of the way they make me feel when wearing them.  That's the joy I get from them.

 

Yes, the US for a long time couldn't get rubies from Burma.  They are that beautiful pigeon blood red.  The market has since reopened and when can not import those back into the US for purchase.  They are treated too.  Just not nearly as some others found in other locations.  Beautiful Ceylon sapphires of blue, yellow or pink I will never be able to afford.  Just wishful thinking.





A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor
Posts: 746
Registered: ‎08-28-2010

Love Bella Luce.  I have some of the Tycoon cut and they are fabulous.  Because I wear such a big ring size I can often get them dirt cheap like thirty dollars of so.  Much cheaper than QVC or HSN and the sparkle is outstanding.