Contributor

Where's Honora?? It's Pearl Month and there's nothing scheduled.

June is Pearl Month and I've been eagerly waiting to see new inventory from Honora.  Looking at the program guide shows nothing for the next three weeks.  What's going on???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where's Honora?? It's Pearl Month and there's nothing scheduled.

@KJV   there have been some lovely pearl shows on the jewelry channel.  They have freshwater and saltwater varieties.   The Tahitian and South Sea Pearl's are gorgeous.

Contributor

@grandma rYes, I watched when they kicked off pearl month and bought a lovely lavendar strand that has since sold out.  I've purchased a few pearl pieces from JTV in the past but have found that Honora has much better quality.  I guess the JTV purchase was just a nibble to satisfy my pearl appetite Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I own pearls from both vendors.  I find Honora's older pearls to be better quality than more recent ones.  It's funny though as I have a creamy double strand, made of glass, that's about 60 years old and those still get the most compliments.   There is just something about the color that is just right.

Esteemed Contributor

@KJV - The new program guide lists a Honora show from 6-7 ET on Tuesday on Q2.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure why you're asking why Honora doesn't have shows during "Pearl Month." They would regularly have a Today's Special Value just prior to Mother's Day, but that was not the case this year.

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the double post but I'm not seeing Gem Day—and thus Honora shows—on the schedule through July 19 on QVC. If summer Gem Day is not on the schedule for the week of July 20 I assume it is cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if 32nd Klondike Gold Rush is cancelled as well and QVC instead has some sort of Fine Jewelry Sale in mid-August to replace both of them. I would be in favor of moving Gem Day back to September if they have to.

Contributor

They usually have something for Mother's Day and then a larger release for Pearl Month (June).  Based on the date of my original post, there was nothing scheduled.

Contributor

Yes, but it's all old inventory.  Hopefully this means they're clearing out the old stuff for new styles.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't understand QVC's  fixation with fresh water pearls. That's about the only pearls they show.  I like salt water pearls.  From oysters. South Seas, Golden and Tahitian.  Depending on how round the pearl is and the luster, metal it's set in.....salt water pearls are not that expensive. 

Did they ever show ocean pearls on QVC in the past?  I have one South Sea pearl ring in 18K my mother gave me when I was 14.  And one strand of 18K clasp Tahitian pearls in silver grey I got from Gem Shopping network.  Don't wear it often.  Too dressy to wear outside with no special place to go.  So currently it sits in the bank.