Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the Best Way to Clean Silver Jewelry?

@esmeraldagooch wrote:
Sunala, hot water is not advisable on many gemstones . Plain silver it won't damage. Many items here at the QVC website are doublts which can also be ruined by the hot water/ plate technique. Use the haggerty silver clean with caution. I drip a q tip to apply and rinse immediately . Gemstones and pearls can be damaged by this liquid

esmeraldagooch, do you think the Hagerty's would hurt Diamonique? All of my silver rings have DQ stones. None are precious stones or pearls or opals. I don't wear silver very often but since I am starting to wear it, I want them to be clean. Most are tarnish free since I do keep them in a silver keeper jewelry box from Lori Grenier, but a few did get tarnished and those are the ones I want to shine up. 

I bought that plate that everyone is talking about, but I never used it and can't find it anymore. I think it got thrown out when I had some work done on my kitchen. 

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll let you know how I make out with the Hagerty's. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Dallas-Dame wrote:

Thanks so much for the updates on Michael's schedule and upcoming TTV, Bling!  It will be interesting to see what goes on clearance in early July and I'm curious about the Brazilian Centro gemstone at month's end.

I ordered the "Sparkle Sparkle" earlier today and look forward to receiving it...thanks again for the suggestion.  Although my pieces don't tarnish (use tarnish-free strips in my armoire and other storage boxes), I like to keep everything sparkling clean and it looks very easy to use.

I did some damage this weekend during the Diamond Gala.  Couldn't resist a piece from the Beverly Hills Elegance line and can't wait for it to arrive.  I justified the purchase as my last big jewelry splurge before retiring in January.

It's so nice to be back in communication, my friend.  Have a wonderful week and a great holiday weekend!

Hi there DallasD!  Congrats on the Beverly Hills piece of jewelry you bought.  I watched some of that show and every piece they showed was worth buying.  I love that line of jewelry.  Please post a review after you get it.  The diamonds looked so sparkly and substantial.  I was drooling watching that show.  The only piece of jewelry I ended up buying over the weekend was Judith's OTO Faceted white agate ring.  Looks like it was set in a crown.  I hope I like it when it arrives.  Please let me know how you like the sparkle sparkle.  I use it so often.  I hate fingerprints on stones, lol.  

Enjoy the day today.  I'm happy you're posting on the boards.  I think once we all get used to the new format it will be just as good as the old format.  Make it a safe one today and enjoy your new sparkly purchase!

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Sunala,  The Haggerty's only takes a split second to work. I doubt it would harm CZ.  I have used it on gemstones but apply it to the metals with a Q-Tip. to keep it off the gems. It's easy to get it under the prong work and undergallery.  I will warn you. I did ruin an item using it.  I put a sterling margarita chain in the solution and the door bell rang.  I forgot it and came back later and the item was ruined.  Since then I just dip and rince. No problems.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your good wishes, Bling!   I upgraded to expedited shipping and it's due to arrive on Thursday...just in time for the holiday weekend!

Your new ring from Judith is lovely.  I own it in the faceted onyx in clad and have enjoyed wearing it on several occasions.  It's very comfortable and well-balanced on the finger.  It's a bit of a "quiet", understated ring.  Hope you enjoy to the fullest.

Have a wonderful evening, dear lady!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi DallasD.  I'm excited to hear your review when you get your ring on Thursday.  I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous from what I saw from the shows.  Any one of those rings was a winner.  Please post the item number, I'd love to see which one you picked out.  I'm also happy you love your Judith ring.  I have a lot of white agate rings.  I love that stone.  I like the nice pop of white the stone gives off.  I also like the fact it's a bold ring.  I have a bold black onyx ring that I got from HSN a few years ago and that one is nice also.  It was actually from their technibond line.  

I was a little disappointed today because I thought I'd have my new Briana Dooney bag I ordered.  It was sitting in our local post office, but no delivery today which is unusual.  Hopefully, I'll have it tomorrow.  At this rate Dallas, I think I'll be working a bit longer then expected, lol.  At least I have the option of retiring when I want and not having to wait years to do it.  Maybe my shopping habit will end by then hahahahaha.  

Have a fabulous Wednesday and I'll be looking forward to your luscious review of that sparkler.  I love diamonds and I'm sure the ring you bought will require sunglass to look at it.  Have a good rest of the week and make it a safe one!