Super Contributor

Re: What Did You Get from the Jackie Kennedy Collection??

On 3/30/2014 stevieb said:
On 3/30/2014 sue52 said:
On 3/29/2014 stevieb said:
On 3/29/2014 sue52 said:

I had received the Castellani wedding bracelet from my husband for Christmas.(Almost cried when they broke the mold to that). I got the ruby cross, which was the first item presented on the first show (on Wednesday?) and the Mariner Link necklace(wasn't presented). Today I ordered the paper clip necklace in gold. I justified that by saying it was on easy pay.

This is the only piece I had in my cart. Earlier in the week when I learned they were ending the line, I really hung on the fence about this one piece. I probably should've pulled the trigger, but was concerned about the fit. I don't recall them ever being very clear about wrist size. He said it actually runs slightly below a 7, which isn't comfortable for me, but then at some point they start throwing something out about an extender, though it's never really very clear what size wrist this bracelet would fit... Oh well, if I decide I want it, like the original, I'll just have to wait for one to show up one day. Good thing, more than three were made...

Wink

Hi stevieb. I went and measured my bracelet and it is 8 inches in length with the extender. If I took the extender out, it would fit my wrist snugly, and my wrists are on the larger side. I probably will not take the extender out ever. Hope this helps a little.

Oh Sue! How very kind of you. This helps a lot. That will work for me. I think I'll head on over to the other site...

Smile

Goody!! I love to help other people spend their money! Heeheehee!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/29/2014 sue52 said:
On 3/29/2014 Cat Lover53 said:

Like some of the others, I will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at work to pay for a bit too many purchases but I quickly saw items selling out. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I picked up a few silk scarves to put away for holiday gifts, the set of 3 blue bangle bracelets (reviews were mixed so hope I like them), the 20 inch 3 strand pearls and 30 inch the other day. I also decided to buy another natural straw wide brim hat to put away for when my current one shows wear. I really enjoy the hat and scarf selections.

QVC is shipping very fast. Today I received the pink kunzite ring that was on clearance and am trying to decide if it's too large of a stone for me. The signature bracelet is a major keeper, though. Lovely! It will make those peanut butter sandwiches slide down easier.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Philip handled the last 2 hours very well. I missed what he said about the last time Jackie wore the tanzanite mesh bracelet since I was starting dinner. Can someone share what it was? I sensed it was an important time in her life, as was the story he shared about the emerald cross - which I have and enjoy.

I will miss the variety and great quality of these items.

CatLover, Philip alluded to the last time that Jackie wore the tanzanite bracelet was that fateful day with JFK in Dallas. He said "some of you have figured it out, but we have never said".

Sue52 Thank you for the info on the tanzanite bracelet. I was wondering when the last time Jackie wore it. Very sad...

Valued Contributor

I just caught up with the first show yesterday and Philip said he may, or may not, be back for a final appearance with the JK jewelry in June.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/29/2014 mgm2 said:
On 3/29/2014 Aresnz said:
On 3/29/2014 mgm2 said:

Many items over the years. One item I regret not buyig was a half moon pin that Jack Kennedy gave Jackie while they were dating. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Mgm2 - I believe the moon pin is for sale at the Camrose & Kross website. I saw it there yesterday. I think it's jackiesjewelry.com.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the link. I did see a couple pins I may decide to order. :-)

THANK YOU Catlover53!!!!!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Mgm2, I'm glad the site had what you were looking for. I am going to give it another look later this afternoon to see if there is anything else 'calling' to me that QVC doesn't have left. Not that I need anything else, but the collection has held up very well for me and I will miss it.

Have a great day!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/29/2014 sue52 said:

Like some of the others, I will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at work to pay for a bit too many purchases but I quickly saw items selling out. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I picked up a few silk scarves to put away for holiday gifts, the set of 3 blue bangle bracelets (reviews were mixed so hope I like them), the 20 inch 3 strand pearls and 30 inch the other day. I also decided to buy another natural straw wide brim hat to put away for when my current one shows wear. I really enjoy the hat and scarf selections.

QVC is shipping very fast. Today I received the pink kunzite ring that was on clearance and am trying to decide if it's too large of a stone for me. The signature bracelet is a major keeper, though. Lovely! It will make those peanut butter sandwiches slide down easier.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Philip handled the last 2 hours very well. I missed what he said about the last time Jackie wore the tanzanite mesh bracelet since I was starting dinner. Can someone share what it was? I sensed it was an important time in her life, as was the story he shared about the emerald cross - which I have and enjoy.

I will miss the variety and great quality of these items.

CatLover, Philip alluded to the last time that Jackie wore the tanzanite bracelet was that fateful day with JFK in Dallas. He said "some of you have figured it out, but we have never said".

Sue, thank you so much for letting me know. I thought it would be something like that. I have the bracelet and have enjoyed it. Bittersweet....

Have a great day.

Contributor

I have looked at so many of the JBK shows thru the years, I seem to wear only white gold,or silver, and to be honest never made a purchase from this jewelry. I always loved the paper clip necklace, but my true passion is bracelets. I knew I had to buy something yesterday , and decided to buy the white metal version of the paper clip bracelet. I almost didn't buy it, because Jackie never even owned the bracelet, especially that it was white metal, different from her gold paper clip necklace, but I just had to, a good opportunity for me to buy something I know I will wear a lot. I will still think of her when I do wear it. Yesterday I hit my goal in my weight loss journey (20 pounds) so I treated myself . This bracelet will mean a lot to me. I am so sorry to know that these wonderful shows with Mr. Katz are over, I will miss them.
Contributor

I ordered and received (within 2 days of ordering!) the gold and silver paperclip necklaces. Love, love, love them!!!
Contributor

I wish I was fast enough, and that I bought the necklace also... Pezhheadbob so happy that you love your necklaces so much, I hope the bracelet does the same for me.
Regular Contributor

On 3/29/2014 sue52 said: Yes, Jackie was in the hospital to deliver Caroline. She had previously lost a baby, Arabella. JFK gave her the cross and she insisted on wearing it even though she was told to remove all jewelry. So they taped it to her chest and she wore it until she brought Caroline home from the hospitall 8 days later.
Thanks, Sue. I will pass that on to the recipient. You've been so helpful!
Super Contributor

Nothing, although maybe I should and sell it on ebay when you can't get it anymore. I enjoy the shows and the stories but have no desire to have a copy of someone else's jewelry.