QVC Community

Re: Welcome to Peyton's Place, Premier Post

@CynthiaMac wrote:

Thanks, I will be looking forward to July 14th and Gem Day! I enjoy all gems but favor exotics and diamonds set in gold. Most of my fine jewelry is from QVC. Two of my favorites are beautiful Kunzite pieces from QVC- drop earrings and a ring. My jewelry style icon is Kate Middleton. I love the gem designs from one of her favorite jewelers - Kiki McDonough. So, I try and look for pieces from QVC that match that jeweler's designs. Plus QVC's prices are more affordable and the easy pay really helps!!

Hi @CynthiaMac, Thanks for all the great comments.  Kunzite is one of my favorite stones.  I love the rich color.   It is like no other gemstone.  I haven't seen the exact lineup for the day but I know there will be many new items as well as some great prices on existing treasures.   Please call or write me and let me know if you find any great finds.  Take care, Peyton

Occasional Contributor

Congratulations PEYTON on your Premier Post! I heard you mention it a few nights ago and i'm so glad i did otherwise i wouldn't have known....I think QVC should announce it again on some of the shows your new and very happily received Premier post by all your fans! I can't wait to read about the history and lore of the different gemstones!  I have always enjoyed and appreciated the knowledge you have.  You truly bring a special gift of  warmth, history and joy to not only the ones purchasing those gems, but to all who watch and listen!  Tonight just confirmed what many of us already know, only a true and faithful person would be gifted to see and hear his guardian angel!!!  I'm sure you've renewed alot of our faith tonight as we heard and watched your show!! Looking forward to watching, listening, learning and sharing.  God Bless you Peyton............Mimers       

QVC Community

@mimers wrote:

Congratulations PEYTON on your Premier Post! I heard you mention it a few nights ago and i'm so glad i did otherwise i wouldn't have known....I think QVC should announce it again on some of the shows your new and very happily received Premier post by all your fans! I can't wait to read about the history and lore of the different gemstones!  I have always enjoyed and appreciated the knowledge you have.  You truly bring a special gift of  warmth, history and joy to not only the ones purchasing those gems, but to all who watch and listen!  Tonight just confirmed what many of us already know, only a true and faithful person would be gifted to see and hear his guardian angel!!!  I'm sure you've renewed alot of our faith tonight as we heard and watched your show!! Looking forward to watching, listening, learning and sharing.  God Bless you Peyton............Mimers       

Hello @mimers, Thank you for the very kind words.   I am so blessed to be able to work with my passions-diamonds, gems, and artisan crafted.  It is an honor to be able to share these stories with you.  Please go in the the forum and read the Peyton's Places that I have written and let me know what you think.   I haven't written one about angels yet, but it is definitely on the schedule.   The last posting was about an artisan crafted cross made by Assyrian Christians in Turkey.   There are photos of the 4th century monastery as well as the cell where I stayed while there.   Please let me know if there are any specific gems or topics I should write about.  God bless you and yours, Peyton

Occasional Contributor

Hello Peyton, I did watch your aug. 5th show & when i saw the Telkari artisian cross you were showing and speaking about I couldnt find my phone fast enough! A birthday gift for myself i thought since it was on the 5th and I can't wait for it to be delivered! For me to order a piece of jewerly, it has to have a history, a story, a life to it, and of all pieces closet to my heart a cross, & indeed did it have history! As a young girl my dad & mom owned an antique shop specializing in antique furniture & they'd go to many different states looking for unusual pieces of furniture-history. they'd come home and dad would go to work refinishing & repairing certain pieces, back then refinished was the trend, and certain pieces he wouldnt touch.Mom would go to work with all her books researching when each was made, where it was made & how & who would maybe have owned it. then I went to work since i worked in the shop telling each patron all the history about that particular piece of furniture. they all loved that service since it gave those old pieces of furniture their story their history.....they came to life. I worked there many years, my dad has since past on but that was his passion. Reminds me of you and your work-your passion & yes it is a blessing to be able to work at what you are passionate about!!  Thats why I knew when I heard the history of the cross & that it was hand labored with love, that this was to be my birth-day gift that my dad would have wanted me to have.  Your pictures of the monastary and the land surrounding it are just awe inspiring, you must have felt like you were in a dream to be walking upon that land & sleeping in such a historic monastary!   Thank you Peyton for sharing all your amazing knowledge & history of all the jewerly and the gems you bring to all of us who love to watch, listen, learn & love & then pass on down so it becomes.....history!                   Thanks again Peyton,  looking forward to what new "old" artisan treasures you bring back to QVC for us and also the 'angels'.  Let me know any suggestions you have for a chain for the cross and what would fit the bail.                                                                                                                                            with joyful thanks.......mimers 

QVC Community

@mimers wrote:

Hello Peyton, I did watch your aug. 5th show & when i saw the Telkari artisian cross you were showing and speaking about I couldnt find my phone fast enough! A birthday gift for myself i thought since it was on the 5th and I can't wait for it to be delivered! For me to order a piece of jewerly, it has to have a history, a story, a life to it, and of all pieces closet to my heart a cross, & indeed did it have history! As a young girl my dad & mom owned an antique shop specializing in antique furniture & they'd go to many different states looking for unusual pieces of furniture-history. they'd come home and dad would go to work refinishing & repairing certain pieces, back then refinished was the trend, and certain pieces he wouldnt touch.Mom would go to work with all her books researching when each was made, where it was made & how & who would maybe have owned it. then I went to work since i worked in the shop telling each patron all the history about that particular piece of furniture. they all loved that service since it gave those old pieces of furniture their story their history.....they came to life. I worked there many years, my dad has since past on but that was his passion. Reminds me of you and your work-your passion & yes it is a blessing to be able to work at what you are passionate about!!  Thats why I knew when I heard the history of the cross & that it was hand labored with love, that this was to be my birth-day gift that my dad would have wanted me to have.  Your pictures of the monastary and the land surrounding it are just awe inspiring, you must have felt like you were in a dream to be walking upon that land & sleeping in such a historic monastary!   Thank you Peyton for sharing all your amazing knowledge & history of all the jewerly and the gems you bring to all of us who love to watch, listen, learn & love & then pass on down so it becomes.....history!                   Thanks again Peyton,  looking forward to what new "old" artisan treasures you bring back to QVC for us and also the 'angels'.  Let me know any suggestions you have for a chain for the cross and what would fit the bail.                                                                                                                                            with joyful thanks.......mimers 

Hi @mimers, Thank you very much for all the kind words.  I agree that anything means so much more when you know the story behind it.   I love your story about your Mom an Dad and their store.   What a wonderful experience for you to be able to share your knowledge and stories.   I am so lucky to also have that passion and sometimes I talk too fast and too much, but it is had not to want to share it all.  I have been so blessed to be able to work directly with most of the artisans and see, firsthand their passion and how this improves their lives.  The stay in the monastery was a one in a lifetime experience.   To actually stay in one of the cells and have dinner with the Bishop was incredible.   He was most gracious and told stories about the history of the monastery.  I am working with the artisan buyer and hope to have more wonderful pieces in the future.   Thanks again and take care, Peyton