Honored Contributor

Re: WOW Judith Ripka on HSN!!!

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@seedpie wrote:

QVC does not own HSN.  Both are owned by another company, can’t remember the name of it.

Wow how many times does this have to be said.  why do people still think Q owns HSN.

I don't know what the point is to make this fine legal distinction.  The people that run the combined company used to run qvc, and the people that ran hsn are gone.  it's an acquisition, and the people that ran qvc now run the 2 companies,  so it is not "wrong" to say qvc acquired hsn, unless the particular legalities of the transaction are the subject of the discussion.

Well it is not an option either Q owns HSN or not and they don't.  Thats the point.

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

How the mighty have fallen!  But she's been on HSN at least once before, so is getting used to the low-rent district.

Why would you think that HSN is the low rent district? A lot of their clothing lines are more expensive than QVC.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I spend as much money on HSN as I do on QVC.  Never knew I was shopping in the "low rent district"!  Not that it would matter!  What an odd statement!

Honored Contributor

I think she has saturated the Q market and sales are down here.  People who love her have tons of her jewelry and don't need more. (And are probably noticing it all starts to look the same.)  There's a whole new market at HSN; perhaps that's the reason for the change.

Honored Contributor

QVC does not own HSN.  When will that idea finally die.  Qurate is the parent company of both, and others.  Why the surprise?  She's been selling shopping channel jewelry hear for years.  HSN is just another shopping channel and we are seeing some QVC vendors on HSN now.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

How the mighty have fallen!  But she's been on HSN at least once before, so is getting used to the low-rent district.

If you purchase JR does it matter where you purchase?  Not understanding the low rent district comment.

I don't know if she still has her boutiques or sells through real jewelry stores now.  But I do know that did both of those things; THAT jewelry was not in anway the same as her shopping channel jewerly.  The QVC merchandise was always an entirely different line made for QVC.  Now QVC and HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, now that QVC bought and owns HSN that happens a lot. 

And HSN is a lot classier than QVC could ever hope to be (dancing, twirling hosts, hosts doing squats, hosts conducting shows supine on a mattress......very classy.)

Super Contributor

To me it looks like QVC bought out HSN - maybe not technically but the QVC people remain - and HSN has always sold lower class items than QVC - in my opinion anyway - but I see HSN becoming the better channel soon because most vendors and designers  would rather go to Florida than PA

Respected Contributor

HSN is not "low rent".  Neither is QVC. They both have a different flavor and style and appeal to different audiences/tastes (although I enjoy both equally).  Personally I would describe QVC as much more subdued and conservative and HSN is a bit more sassy and fun in terms of presentation style, programs, and merch.  They both sell mid range and high end items.  There are plenty of luxury brands on both networks.  I do see Judith as a better fit at the Q, for reasons I can't necessarily articulate.  It's just a feeling I get when I see her on HSN like she doesn't belong there.  But that is probably because I'm just not used to it yet.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's all wrong, I dont like any of it. I still think most people have taken this mixing up in a negative way. They cant just leave HSN alone, it is so insanely stupid to think that putting her there will make it all new. I need some fresh air now....