Regular Contributor

I was very surprised, even though I know that QVC owns HSN now.

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW Judith Ripka on HSN!!!

How the mighty have fallen!  But she's been on HSN at least once before, so is getting used to the low-rent district.

Frequent Contributor

QVC does not own HSN.  Both are owned by another company, can’t remember the name of it.

Honored Contributor

@seedpie. @Flady1    It's true, both QVC  and HSN are owned by the Qurate Retail Group.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't see where it's a step down to be selling on HSN, they have a different following so JR may do very well there.

Respected Contributor

I guess I really don't see it as a step down.  Just my opinion.  Besides, doesn't Judith live in Florida now?

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I guess I really don't see it as a step down.  Just my opinion.  Besides, doesn't Judith live in Florida now?

She spends the winters there now.

Honored Contributor

@seedpie wrote:

QVC does not own HSN.  Both are owned by another company, can’t remember the name of it.

Wow how many times does this have to be said.  why do people still think Q owns HSN.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

How the mighty have fallen!  But she's been on HSN at least once before, so is getting used to the low-rent district.

If you purchase JR does it matter where you purchase?  Not understanding the low rent district comment.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@seedpie wrote:

Wow how many times does this have to be said.  why do people still think Q owns HSN.

I don't know what the point is to make this fine legal distinction.  The people that run the combined company used to run qvc, and the people that ran hsn are gone.  it's an acquisition, and the people that ran qvc now run the 2 companies,  so it is not "wrong" to say qvc acquired hsn, unless the particular legalities of the transaction are the subject of the discussion.