Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 , I think you described the best reason why women love jewelry. It isn't necessarily because it is "real" rather the enjoyment it brings them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  I think it depends on the thickness of the plating. I have several Diamonique platinum clad eternity bands that I stack w/ my wedding set...they go in dishwater, etc. I've had them for many years...no problem. 

@Shanus 

You put your rings in the dw?  Windex and a soft toothbrush is perfectly acceptable also.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Kathy Levine used to suggest this all the time about putting your Diamonique in the dishwasher.  Not sure if they had platinum clad when she was around though.  I wouldn't because 1) I don't use my dishwashers and 2) it doesn't take that long to clean a ring by hand.

BTW I have several platinum clad diamonique and it has NEVER worn off.  The platinum clad equavalent from HSN is just as good.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  While I am not a fan of baguettes or oval cut, your rings are very nice.  I am sure you will enjoy the newest one.  I have several platinum clad Diamonique pieces.....also from HSN.  I love and wear them, but I wear the diamond my husband bought me.

I don't understand putting your rings away in a safe.  Why have them?  I wear all my real jewels and that is why I have them all insured.  I have lost some pieces along life's way, it wasn't total devastation.  To me they are things, albeit precious.  

Go ahead and wear your real diamond!  If your daughter is anything like mine, she won't wear it.  She probably won't want it.  It will go into a jewelry box to be looked at for memory sake.  My daughter only wants to wear the diamond her husband bought for her.

Enjoy your new purchase!  Thanks for pic and post.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 Yes, it gives me joy when I stand in front of all of my 'stuff' and decide what matches 'the outfit of the day'.

It always surprises me the way people notice things.  Lots of times they'll comment about the way even my jewelry matches my clothing.

I feel like I should be on the QVC payroll because I send so many people to QVC to get whatever I'm wearing (jewelry or clothes) they all came from QVC.

In the past few years (and because I go from one sitting position to another) I've put on weight.

So none of the clothes I had before my back pain fits me.  It's easy to say, "Go to QVC bla bla".

I love it when people say, "Thanks for for reminding me about QVC."  Sometimes they'll say, "Oh!  I'm not going back there.  I've gone crazy ordering in the past".

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  I think it depends on the thickness of the plating. I have several Diamonique platinum clad eternity bands that I stack w/ my wedding set...they go in dishwater, etc. I've had them for many years...no problem. 

@Shanus 

You put your rings in the dw?  Windex and a soft toothbrush is perfectly acceptable also.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Kathy Levine used to suggest this all the time about putting your Diamonique in the dishwasher.  Not sure if they had platinum clad when she was around though.  I wouldn't because 1) I don't use my dishwashers and 2) it doesn't take that long to clean a ring by hand.

BTW I have several platinum clad diamonique and it has NEVER worn off.  The platinum clad equavalent from HSN is just as good.

@tends2dogs @ECBG  I believe @Shanus  typed dishWATER, not dishwasher. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I am still pretty sure that Kathy Levine said to put your Diamonique in the dishwasher. ....unless I am totally losing it. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I am still pretty sure that Kathy Levine said to put your Diamonique in the dishwasher. ....unless I am totally losing it. Woman Tongue

@tends2dogs  Yeah she probably did, LOL. I was just saying I don't think Shanus meant dishwasher but she might have. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHICH RING IS WHICH?

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs  I do wear my wedding set every day, but at this time of year (think I posted this last year year), I put my fine jewelry away because stores are crowded and if shopping alone and God forbid get held up, I'd gladly hand over my $60 ring. 

I've always worn my pearls, good watch, bangles, diamond studs every day. Especially this year, money is tight for lots of people and I fear there will be lots of robberies to get enough money to feed their families and pay bills. I don't want to be a target.

Yes, my DD and DIL have their own diamonds and are not interested in mine and weren't interested in my Mom's that I inherited a short time ago. It's in a jewelry store that sells diamonds. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CAcableGirl2  Thank you. Everyone's complaining about Diamonique not looking real, flimsy setting, no shine, etc. Amy's Ring (the top one) is platinum clad, a sturdy shank and except for the side stones in the setting, even the center stone (Amy's is a little larger) is set in a basket just like my platinum engagement ring. 

My review? Excellent 5 ⭐️s!!!!

@Shanus .....D@MN GIRL.....I LOVE your platinum engagement ring.  I think you need to take your DH out to a "surf and turf" tonight....well, make that every night for the rest of the year,, lol.  Lucky you.....love it!!!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Yes, I just meant I don't baby my jewelry. If I have it on while cooking or doing dishes, I just clean it later if it needs it.