Super Contributor
On 10/9/2014 terrier3 said:
On 10/7/2014 Pepper22 said:
On 10/7/2014 BGDC said:

Well, I ordered the ring anyway! It's too beautiful to turn down. Can't wait to get it! I know this one is a guaranteed winner. Love the design on the sides of it - so feminine and romantic. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}Judith Ripka Sterling Blue Doublet & Blue Diamonique Ring

BGDC, what a stunning ring!!!!! It will look fabulous on your finger!! I can't wait to see your picture.

Take care, Pepper22

This is sterling - fake blue quartz, fake blue diamonique, at least the base is real mother of pearl. This is close to $300 for costume jewelry.

Why would you spend that much money on something so synthetic?

Oh and that last line really gave me a chuckle...I started thinking about various "synthetic" objects in every day life (implants for one)...although I don't think the poster intended it to be funny as much as denigrating.

New Contributor
On 10/7/2014 saidthespidertothefly said:

J140464 I believe $234.60 around June 2009

Thanks Said! I thought I'd had the piece longer than that and was thinking under or close to $200. Someone posted the original item number, and the first review was written in April 2009.

New Contributor
On 10/8/2014 semi-sweet said:

Karolynn, the old item number was J139154 . It came out in April 2009, and was Anniversary priced at $264.00. Smiley Happy Didn't get it, but was attracted to the chain to add to my magnetic collection.

Thanks Semi! I thought I had owned the piece longer than that. Know I got it when it first came out.

Super Contributor

I tried to look up my invoice, and it doesn't show...which means that this was one purchased for me by my mom (she passed away a few years ago). The chain does fit the end caps of the original leather magnetic cord, the simulated pearls w/amy mop cross, and the smokey quartz hear on the silk cord (tan). If this is exactly the same, then the pieces will all be interchangeable. I also have a polished and textured link with magnetic end caps, that is an oval link chain. This particular one, if it is the same, is more of a curb link and textured on all of the links.

eta: the original necklace also works with the mabe and the turq magnetic pieces that were a tsv I think around that same time frame.

Respected Contributor

I always wanted that chain with the attached Diamonique heart, but didn't care for the magnetic aspect of it. Now I really like that wheat chain with the magnetic attachment, but price and the magnet keeps me from ordering it. The new wheat chain is to die for. I'm not so crazy about the new vinyl and Diamonique heart magnetic piece. I think the braided faux leather pieces with the front large lobster claw clasp are nicer looking.

Super Contributor

Favorite, I have many of her magnetic pieces, never ever have I had a problem...in fact, I find them really easy to use. Price, I understand...but the magnetic closures are great.