Respected Contributor

ngRe: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Looking forward to hearing about Jena's LZ (Lady Zeus). 

Respected Contributor

Re: ngRe: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Are there people here who wear antique watches?  I don't wear a watch, but I was curious.

Trusted Contributor

Justice4All, welcome to the watch insanity.....lol.

Well I got into this watch collecting about 20 yrs ago now so maybe my first watches, the 24mm up to 30mm which are way too small of faces now, they feel like antiques to me.  Lol.

Today I decided to wear my blue apatite, so I took it upon myself to size it and it was very easy.  So LJ,  if you are thinking about taking your 2 in to your jeweler, you can do it yourself.  The bracelet is easy to handle because it's not small and light.  I love this blue apatite as well.  Good choices on the blk spinel and the blue apatite.  Of course without the discount I would not own either of them.

Ok Java.today I received the pink Lady Zeus.  It's really a nice watch, which I knew it would be.  I love the look of the Zeus, that cuff look.  The downside is, that it's heavy and because it's an automatic probably is the reason.   I don't know if I want another heavy watch.  Because I got it on a good discount, and it's different than anything I own now, I may just keep it.  Oh let's not kid ourselves here, you know I will keep it.  It's hard to take them back to the Post Office when I got a deal on it.  Maybe now I can quit this watch buying.  I own all colors and variations now.   Lol.  Also it looks like I can easily size this one too.  These unique watches, with codes get me everytime.  I will only buy automatics from here on out though.  I saw your review behind mine on the gemstone watches. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Welcome,

I tried to post earlier, but I couldn't go on the site.

Jena,

I just had to read about your latest acquisiition. It does sound lovely. I think the Zeus was a quartz. It was the gemstone SANI that is an automatic. The Zeus is very heavy though.

Now you were referring to your little watches as being "too small." LOL. The pendulum appears to be swinging the other way. Many designs are being released in the 23mm=28mm size. I just saw them on macys. So hold on to a few. Smiley Happy

I think there are more watch shows scheduled for Thusday the 30th. Please check your listings.

Trusted Contributor

Java, forgive me but when I was saying the Zeus was heavy I was thinking it was automatic, but you are right it's a Quartz.   The gemstone watches being automatic don't feel heavy to me.    But the LZ hasn't been sized yet and that will make a difference.  Tomorrow I may size the LZ and it will be mine then.  Only automatics this day forward though.  That's what I said before and here the pink LZ snuck in here.   Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Justice:  I used to wear smaller watches,  we all did.  But over the years,  I've collected and worn watches of all sizes.  Now, it's the bigger ones that I prefer.  The size does creep up on you.  I used to prefer 34-36mm, and now I'm ok with anything up to 40mm.  You get used to the size and the weight.  And if you are a collector,  then the different looks appeal.  And yes, it's easier for reading a watch when the dial is larger,  and that's something that we all face at some point... now or later. 

Jena:  congratulations on the pink mosaic Zeus.  I knew you would love it. Smiley Happy

I'm with you,  no more watches. 

Trusted Contributor

I received the neon apatite SAN I today and I love it! I think it was a return, based on the fact that the protective wrapping had been removed from the crystal. But all of the other wrapping was intact. My guess is that the person returned it because there are a couple of stones that don't quite match the others. I think one of the ladies here mentioned doing that very thing.

If I had paid anything close to the $690 Evine price, I probably would've returned it for that slight color difference. But at the Once Only price, with the discount code, I am very pleased. Especially when you factor in the automatic movement. I don't think I've ever seen a women's SAN I with an automatic movement (which I really prefer over quartz).

Thanks for the codes Java! And thanks to the other ladies here for enabling. Woman Wink Now I'm thinking of an outfit to wear with my new watch tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

[ Edited ]

I sized my blue mosaic LZ & since it's pretty heavy, I sized it  slightly tighter than I usually do, so it wouldn't flop around.  I'll give it a test drive & see if I need to play with the sizing, since it appears there are some smaller links & I took out 4 of the larger ones (2 on each side).

Respected Contributor

aprimo and aubnwa:  enjoy your new watches.  They are both beautiful watches.  I'm glad you were both pleased with your purchases.   I love both those watches also.

Respected Contributor

Good morning,

aprimo and aub, so glad you are enjoying your new watches! 

You're most welcome! A big shout out to the guys who enabled the enabling. Smiley Happy

Can't claim credit. They provided the codes, after all.  It was almost like old times.

Yesterday I went to the PO box to retrieve my packages: A Lunchtime Special from the Q and my ebay find.

Well, the Lunchtime Special was literally a bust. It's cut too small; Sizing was way off. It was cheap, so I got my two usual sizes. It's going back. It was the Liz Claiborne NY floral dress. No way was that an $75. It's not about a watch, just thought I would save someone the trouble. They come and read. There you go.

My other purchase was a Raymond Weil Tango 28mm in stainless steel bought on the Bay for a fraction of these other watches. It is very small, but classic. Not so tiny that it can't be read minus glasses. Slim design, sapphire crystal, Roman numberals, Swiss Made. The bracelet drapes nicely. I had one, but in navy two-tone.  I always wanted the other one. It's the kind of watch that is always appropriate for just about any  occasion. It's the one you go to when you don't worry about a timepiece. RW made it over 20 years ago and they still make it. That and the Parsifal. There's a reason for that: it's classic and timeless.

I have a small wrist and smaller hands, so it works. But 28mm is my limit.