Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Welcome all watch collectors.   We love chatting about watches we have, watches we are looking for, and great finds.  Whether you have a small or a large collection, we are happy to have you join in the discussion or ask a question.

Does March madness extend to watches or is it a sports only thing?

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Thx for the new thread, LavJ.  Time flies, we must be having fun.  Lol.

I've been wearing my new blk Spinel everyday and it's such a nice wearing watch.  

It's a sunny snow covered ground here today.  I'm ready for spring.  Struggling through another winter.  Those poor people getting hit with a tornado this time of year.  Not good.  Hate summer because of that.  

Ok, naturally the WOTD is my Black Spinel.  

What is yours?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi all,
LavJ, thanks for starting the thread. I had to have emergency oral surgery. So much stress! Sitting here with ice packs, etc. I kept it simple with watches:.Grand Diver.
Frequent Contributor

Lots of rain and wind here today.

I'm finding that now that I'm home a lot, I often don't wear a watch. I'd better start, to give some of them some wrist time!

Java: Oh no! Feel better soon.

Respected Contributor

Java:  fell better soon.  Maybe watch shows tonight can distract you.

Jazzy:  I have the same 'problem'.... don't wear a watch at home so my collection isn't getting enough wrist time.

Respected Contributor

Heads up:  SAN I abalone dial chrono,  SS or 2 tone is once only now (9pm EST Wed.) Price well under $200.  38mm size available.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Heads up:  SAN I abalone dial chrono,  SS or 2 tone is once only now (9pm EST Wed.) Price well under $200.  38mm size available.

I have this watch in all silver tone.  It's a very pretty watch but a little hard to read.  You have to search through the maze of abalone to find the hands to tell, the time. 

By the way, I wear a watch each and every day.  I feel undressed without one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Same here Kachina. I wear a watch every day too. Only there are times I find I never look at it. It's there like a piece of jewelry. I do go without my ring(s) though. Smiley Wink
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Finally got my SAN I black spinel and blue abalone GD sized.   Jeweler commented on how heavy the SAN I was. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello all,

Still in recovery, LavJ and Jazzy: thanks for your kind wishes. 

I wear a watch most of the time. When you think about it, you can enjoy it and be at home. It's not like a handbag.  Handbags are meant to carried about during your day. I feel lost without a watch. I can look at my cell, but a watch is there on the wrist and you just look at it. It's also a way to be different. I have always had a thing for watches and didn't associate my fondness for them as being odd or a "masculine" thing.

March is often a big time for watches. 

Daylight savings begins March 12, 2017. That's when I usually look over my watches and if I don't need to change the time, it means it hasn't been worn. It's also a good time to see if I need battery changes.