Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - FEBRUARY 2015

Good morning, all.

Jazzy, so great to hear from you. As always, thanks for your kind remarks. Am glad that you are enjoying the LZ in all gold. It's opulent-looking and yes, you can pull it off! No question! It would have been too "goldy" for my skin--except in the summer. Wear in good health. I suppose if I had spare cash, I would purchase in the rosetone.

Took my Excursion to Tourneau for a battery change. 4.5 years on one battery. Pretty good! Probably should have sent it to Invicta for that, but figured that I wasn't going to dive in the watch. You know what is interesting? The Excursion is heavier than the LZ. It is gorgeous in the GT. I am glad that I got it in gunmetal, because it has a bronze cast to it. Jena, hope you get your LZ in twotone. I think either one would be good. I have larger rings that are silver or white gold with yellow gold and I wanted the watch to match those. I like this watch so much that I would have even settled for the Swiss Parts version. Of course, I was happy to have the Swiss Made version.

Two more hours of women's watches today starting at 11 a.m. I love the petite watches. I love the Versus watches. I have a lot of larger timepieces, so the MK watches don't really pull me. It's good to see the fashion watches, because you get a good sense of watch trends. I find it interesting--even though I tend to do what I want!

Respected Contributor

I've noticed that the Gevril GV2 collection pieces are Swiss Made. (Not the case will previous models. My pet peeve: no sapphire crystals, only mineral.

Respected Contributor

Jazzy: glad you stopped by for a chat. Enjoy your LZ. Mine is still waiting to be sized. But that is probably helping me stay in the NBZ.

Trusted Contributor

With all this LZ talk, I decided I had to wear mine today! Mine is the GT with silver accents, Swiss Made. It's a great-looking watch. I think I may need to add one of the links back in though--it seems a tad snug today.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 aprimo said:

With all this LZ talk, I decided I had to wear mine today! Mine is the GT with silver accents, Swiss Made. It's a great-looking watch. I think I may need to add one of the links back in though--it seems a tad snug today.

aprimo, did you try using microadjustments? Mine is kind of floppy and it probably could have used another link out, but they didn't do follow up. They also didn't charge for it. They only took out 4 links. Better to have it a little loose. Of course, I have some watches that I stay away from when it gets hot and humid. They're too snug.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 JavaQueen said:
On 2/5/2015 aprimo said:

aprimo, did you try using microadjustments? Mine is kind of floppy and it probably could have used another link out, but they didn't do follow up. They also didn't charge for it. They only took out 4 links. Better to have it a little loose. Of course, I have some watches that I stay away from when it gets hot and humid. They're too snug.

I didn't try that, but I will when I get around to it. I initially removed only two of the smallest links (I have a big wrist). I think I will add back one of the links and then try to use the microadjustments to tighten it up just enough that it won't be floppy.

Respected Contributor

aprimo: I find that my watches fit differently every day, and sometimes during the day. (Often they are tighter in the morning after a shower and looser later in the day). My way of dealing with it is to make them looser and then push them further up my arm on days when they are too floppy. I find that better than putting them on and having them annoy me because they are tight that day. I've sometimes had the same watch resized several times, it drives me crazy.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all

Some price adjustments on the Invictas. The LZ's are there at 279, 289 and 299. Then they have the white silicone version at $348. Can't figure out the logic on any of these things.

Did see the red Excursion on the strap. Love that one! They have also put up goldtone versions on the strap.For some reason, the strapped versions are 42mm and the bracelet version is 40mm. it's probably due to the lug design. In any event, the Excursion doesn't look as big because of the stepped up bezel.

Avi will be back hawking WathStar watches. Hope this works for her.

Respected Contributor

Java: I liked Avi. It will be interesting to see the new line. Also Tim mentioned in passing that if you loved the original XO to be sure to watch this weekend. Wonder if there is a connection or if XO is coming back.

Trusted Contributor

Well I discovered that the Swiss Lady Zeus SS/GT is on sale again for less than $300 and I looked around and found a discount code that gave me 10% off. So I grabbed it and I'm not cancelling. 10FORYOU worked maybe because I went thru a website that showed up,when I qoogled for a discount code. Anyway it wouldn't work for LJ, so try it and see. Java, I like that red Excursion too. But being a 42mm probably would make it larger than I like. I don't think my Excursion is 42, my guess is 40. Looks like there are quite a few of the LZ's left. ??
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY