Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--APRIL 2016

My new Swiss Automatic Pro Diver is on the truck for delivery today.  That was fast shipping and transit.  Looking forward to receiving the watch,  even tho I know exactly what it looks like.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

LavJ, I am sure the watch will look nicer in person. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Also for those of you really loving the abalone SANIII, they actually have released a 42mm chrono on bracelet. Fantastic price of $220 for a Swiss Made watch. 637-726. It's hidden because they didn't include abalone in title description. 

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Good morning, all.

LavJ, I am sure the watch will look nicer in person. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Also for those of you really loving the abalone SANIII, they actually have released a 42mm chrono on bracelet. Fantastic price of $220 for a Swiss Made watch. 637-726. It's hidden because they didn't include abalone in title description. 

Thanks Java! The item number is actually 637-725. That's a good-looking watch. Any opinions generally on the SANIII with a bracelet? I only have SANIIIs with the leather strap and I find them pretty big and clunky. I would love it if that was a SANV!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, aprimo. That's zyrec for you. Was in such a fog.all day. They tell you to take prior to actual allergy season, so it has a time be in your system.

I have owned the I, II  III, the IV and the V on bracelet. Even though it's heavier, you actually can get a better fit and that makes it more comfortable.

( the II is a men's watch of 47mm.) The bracelet makes all the difference. Some women can't stand the weight of it on their wrist. You also don't have to worry about replacing a worn strap.

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning gals.

Well LJ, I'm still waiting....did you receive the gray dial watch I wanted but didn't order?  It was on the truck, didn't you get it?  We are all left here waiting.............you are keeping it, right?  That means you will not send it to me.  Smiley Wink 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  I got the pro diver late last night.  It's exactly what I expected.  A dark charcoal grey bezel and dial,  but it doesn't look black.  The 40mm size is very comfortable.  It's been running all night since I set and wound it.  It's a keeper.  Now I need to have it sized.

It feels slimmer than the Japanese movement pro diver autos of the last few years.  My guess is the Swiss movement takes up a little less room.

Respected Contributor

As Java said "I have owned the I, II  III, the IV and the V on bracelet. Even though it's heavier, you actually can get a better fit and that makes it more comfortable."

I have the SAN I, III, IV, and V on a bracelet.  I find it much more comfortable than the leather straps.  I get a good fit on the bracelet after it's sized.   And I love the detail of the bracelets,  especially the SAN III bracelet.   I'm off to check out the abalone SAN III bracelet.

Respected Contributor

Java and aprimo:  all your fault.... I ordered the SAN III abalone dial on the bracelet.  I got the goldtone.  There is something about that matte finish bracelet with all the cross hatch detail that I find so appealing.  And then there is that abalone dial with the mop subdials.  Price was good,  although I think the movement they used is fairly low end... even tho it's a Swiss made movement and a Swiss made watch.  But hopefull the movement is as good as the other ones they are using from ISA and Ronda on the other versions of the abalone watches.

I wish they had a two tone,  as I don't have any SAN III two tone or any abalone two tone.  But I guess I'm in a buying mood.

Trusted Contributor

Congrats on your new Swiss auto and the SANIII, LJ! I can't wait to hear how you like the SANIII when you get it in your hands.

I found something else I "needed" more though. There's a new women's SANI 38mm with a silicon strap and MOP dial that comes in pink or white (634-928). This will be my first pink watch! Usually, pink isn't my thing. But pastels are in this year and I've added quite a few to my wardrobe. I was considering the pink SANI Puppy, but the orange dial just wasn't working for me. When I saw this baby, I snapped it right up.

Respected Contributor

aprimo:  I saw that one.  Very pretty.  I seem to have a lot of pink watches and a lot of orange watches... either dials or bands.  I'm not a fan of silicone or poly straps,  or else I would probably be ordering the one you did,  also.  I hope it's a real winner for you.