Valued Contributor

Update on the Affinity TSV 5 Stone Band Ring

Just in case anyone was interested, I thought I would post this here before I posted my review)

I am just back from a Disney cruise (the ring stayed home) and finally went to my jeweler.  This is a small, very reputable jeweler in our home town, that does all of my jewelry fixes....i.e. my orginal engagement ring has a chip and he is having it recut and then he will reset ....ring will go to my son, when and if he gets engaged.  He also has created several pieces for me from stones that I already owned

Ok, I digress....anyway he thought the diamonds looked good...color g-h clarity vs1 and cut to give off a lot of sparkle.  If I were to have it officially appraised he estimated approx $1700+.  The only problem is that I am hard on my rings and he thought that the setting might not have a wide/thick enough band.  The other issue, for me only, is that I bought it to go with a ring that I recently made...and oval emerald surrounded wtih diamonds.  The setting was too high.  Regretfully I am sending it back but I know all of you who bought it are in love. 

Re: Update on the Affinity TSV 5 Stone Band Ring

hello is that the stone that will change 5 colors , hope not cause I just ordered this morning.. What is the item number..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LexPex - wow!  Thanks for the info!  I have two of the rings now and two ring guards...will be getting the emerald ring guard in the summer..... I am hard on my jewelry too, so will wear with caution....but I do feel comfortable with the ring guard for extra protection.....I hope you had fun on the cruise!!!! 

Oh ...I have the second ring set for my son.....for future use too..haha!  He loves all my stuff and is learning much about gems, etc.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Contributor

To LexPex.

I'm so sorry you had to send your ring back. It's such a beautiful ring. No, I didn't order it because I already have two rings in this style as rings guards for my marquise engagement ring. I was glad that I was able to try them on at the lewelers first to make sure they fit perfectly and didn't rub against my engagement ring.

Usually QVC doesn't carry a ring of such qualty and ct wt. I think it was a good price. If you have to worry about it when you want to wear it everyday then there's no sense in keeping it. Maybe your jeweler can make a band to go with your beautiful emerald ring. I would love to see a picture of it because I love emeralds.

Sorry for the long message. I could talk about jewelry all day. When ever I by a new piece my husband will ask, honey, how much jewelry do you need? You only have 10 fingers, one neck and two wrists. Ha ha! He's a sweetheart and understands my love of jewelry.