Honored Contributor

Ultra Fine silver

[ Edited ]

I saw the only hour of this great line of silver.  Most of it was magnetic stuff.  I won't buy it, because of the risk of losing it.  But they had a fantastic polished and satin ring.  It was barely on a minute, but I grabbed it when I saw it.   It's 11.6 grams, so it's no lightweight either for a ring.  And though I thought I heard their "expert" say it's made in Italy.  It is not.  Made in the heart of silver in Asia.....Thailand.  I love this silver.  Only thing is, the designs are kind of limited.  I don't know if this is because it's 99% pure silver or what.  That or it's too expensive to make a lot. Price wise, it's a little more expensive then Sterling.  QVC does not carry a lot of it.  The same company does pure gold too.  24K, the standard of Asia.

It's J368007  So that will be my only purchase for silver.  I've had Ultra Fine Silver for the past 5 years.  And I have NEVER had them tarnish.  The color is icy white and it hasn't changed either. 

Super Contributor

I really love Ultra Fine too.  Thanks for the heads up.  Going to check out that ring!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ultra Fine silver

[ Edited ]

I won'tl buy magnetic either I've lost two really nice bracelets and will never purchase another. I don't care how strong the magnet is when you are putting your arm in a coat it is going to pull it off.  I found one bracelet in my driveway so damaged I can't wear it and the other is just gone.  Shame on me for not paying attention when they got pulled off before I lost them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

I won'tl buy magnetic either I've lost two really nice bracelets and will never purchase another. I don't care how strong the magnet is when you are putting your arm in a coat it is going to pull it off.  I found one bracelet in my driveway so damaged I can't wear it and the other is just gone.  Shame on me for not paying attention when they got pulled off before I lost them.

Yes.  Not a good idea.  There was moment during the showing, the two of the bracelets got too near each other.  Then they clumped together.  It happened on the air, & the there was a uncomfortable moment, when the Ultra fine rep frowned a little.  A shame because this line of silver is amazing.

Respected Contributor

This thread has been very informative.

I LOVE ultra-fine silver; as someone else said, it's that beautiful, icy white but I would never buy jewelry with magnetic clasps. I know they're a lot more easy to use than the more conventional claps but it's easy to lose--I found that out the hard way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ultrafine silver used to be .999 silver---that's going back more than 10 years plus. The current crop is .950.

i have a number of those original .999 pieces and they're astonishingly beautiful. 

Either line is limited in design because they're difficult to make.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's right, UltraFine Silver was .999 Silver from its premiere on August 15, 1997 until QVC stopped showing the line around 2001 or 2002. It used to be packaged in beautiful cobalt blue velvet boxes. UltraFine Silver was revived in 2007 as .950 Silver. Today's hour was the first hour of UltraFine Silver since 2015.

August1998_UltraFine.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again 

See, told you I've been around a long time in the Q jewelry world.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@songbird  Thank you for saying this line of silver has not tarnished in the 5 years you've owned it!  I have a sterling cross pendant which needed a new chain so I ordered an Ultrafine twisted snake chain earlier today.  J387483  

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@songbird  Thank you for saying this line of silver has not tarnished in the 5 years you've owned it!  I have a sterling cross pendant which needed a new chain so I ordered an Ultrafine twisted snake chain earlier today.  J387483  

You're going to really like it!  I have the 20" and the 24" snake chain.  I also have 4 bracelets.  The ring I' m getting will be the first Ultra Fine ring I've ever gotten from that line.  I never purchased any during a Ultra Fine show.  I just was googling through what they had.  Read the description and thought I'd try it.  Technically, this was my first Ultra Fine show.  I just picked them up through the inventory (they would go on sale whenever they had silver shows) but were not actually shown or missed them. Nobody would have known about the ring.  It was on for a minute and then disappeared. I don't like Sterling, so this was a good alternative.