Super Contributor

Two hostesses--why do they do this???

I've noticed that when Antonella does jewelry shows and acts like she's excited, she starts talking baby talk, and Jane is starting to do it too.

WHY do they do this? It's annoying and makes them sound very foolish.

I don't know if anyone else does it; these are just the two that I've noticed. It's another reason I rarely watch the jewelry shows and don't buy QVC jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Re: Two hostesses--why do they do this???

Do either of them have babies? I can see Jane talking this way but not Antonella.

Super Contributor

I think their children are probably not babies. If they were, Jane at least, would babbly on incessantly about them. I will admit that as annoying as Antonella is getting to be, she rarely brings her family into the conversation.

Valued Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Stella Dallas said:

I've noticed that when Antonella does jewelry shows and acts like she's excited, she starts talking baby talk, and Jane is starting to do it too.

WHY do they do this? It's annoying and makes them sound very foolish.

I don't know if anyone else does it; these are just the two that I've noticed. It's another reason I rarely watch the jewelry shows and don't buy QVC jewelry.

I couldn't agree more! You are so right!
Contributor

It is very annoying
Super Contributor

This made me lol, baby talk! I don't know what it is but I do agree, annoying! I've never heard Jane do it though. Used to like Antonella but lately she comes across to me as very fake.
Trusted Contributor

I think there are other shows that could use only one host-----e.g. FNB

Valued Contributor

Yes it is annoying and Sandra talks to viewers like we are age 2 also.
Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed watching Antonella, but not so much any more, I thought she was genuine, but seems like she's just acting now.

Honored Contributor

I think Antonella is very real, however after a long period of time doing the kind of work she does I would think that you would develop a "patter" of statements and expressions about merchandise that become routine and making it fresh would take concerted effort at every turn. You know how it goes at most jobs.... once you've been at the job for awhile, you handle pretty much everything the same as the day before.

I think what they do (talking for a living) would be a horrendous job IMHO.... I think that Antonella tries very hard to keep her "patter" and expressions fresh. I do agree that she needs to lose the baby talk.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*