Respected Contributor

I think turquoise is the most attractive of the opaque gemstones, and I am drawn to its beautiful blue color.

I have the three strand blue turquoise necklace from Carolyn Pollack which is a vivid, deep blue color, and her SW statement necklace that was promoted for a fundraiser at the Q many years ago that has three strands of green/blue turquoise and a plaque of silver and turquoise in the center.  I have some long composite turquoise necklaces that are fun to wear (from Dallas Prince). I have a few rings (from Samuel B, Victoria Wieck, the Q, and Judith Ripka), and I also have some lovely non-traditional turquoise doublet pieces from Judith Ripka's line that make that turquoise sparkle against its will due to the clear faceted quartz stones placed above the slabs of turquoise.  LOL.  Gosh, I have more turquoise than I thought, even though most of it is not considered valuable.  I do enjoy its bright, happy color.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Very nice collection @alice87.  I especially like the stone in the top ring on your little finger.  Any idea what it's source is? I think all of my rings are Indian-made and most were old when I bought them. I do have 3 I bought 3  or 4 years ago when I decided I needed to update my collection.  They are all Indian-made.

20210313_110841.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-232847_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-232630_Chrome.jpg

@Kachina624 

The ring on top of her little finger looks like Carico Lake turquoise to me. Mined in Nevada. It is my favorite as I prefer the more green turquoise over the blue. I love the matrix. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal    Carico Lake is usually very green sort of a yellowish green. I'm not a green lover so I don't care for it.  I have a nice cuff bracelet made of it that I never wear. 

I don't know the sources of any of these stones but that top one resembles a lot of Kingman.  Identifying turquoise is usually just an educated guess. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
Thanks for all your handy info. I have a bolo that was my grandfathers that I can possibly identify as coming from mine 8. It was created by Carlos White Eagle and has an original signature on the silver back. Sorry I am unable to post a picture since I don’t know how to do that yet🤭My nephew will do it for me when he stops in some day. It is quite a substantial piece and I hope to have it appraised when I find someone on the east coast to do it!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all who posted pics of their beautiful turquoise jewelry. I've always loved turquoise. This may not be for purists, but I wear only gold jewelry and therefore prefer gold settings. Unfortunately, they tend to be quite pricy. 

Honored Contributor

@JustineD wrote:

Thanks to all who posted pics of their beautiful turquoise jewelry. I've always loved turquoise. This may not be for purists, but I wear only gold jewelry and therefore prefer gold settings. Unfortunately, they tend to be quite pricy. 

Gem shopping is the only place I've seen Sleeping Beauty set in platinum or 18K white and always surrounded by diamonds.  I have never seen it set in silver. I've never seen Lander Blue there, but I'm pretty sure they've offered it.  If it's expensive, they have their hands on it. 

Respected Contributor

That is a totally amazing color! thanks for sharing it, I love seeing different turquoise.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 That's amazing looking. Personally I love the necklace with the round pendant the best although of course they are all very unique.

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:
Thanks for all your handy info. I have a bolo that was my grandfathers that I can possibly identify as coming from mine 8. It was created by Carlos White Eagle and has an original signature on the silver back. Sorry I am unable to post a picture since I don’t know how to do that yet🤭My nephew will do it for me when he stops in some day. It is quite a substantial piece and I hope to have it appraised when I find someone on the east coast to do it!

@gellen    My dad had quite a bit of turquoise jewelry which he gave to me shortly before he died.  One was a bolo tie.  I removed the leather tie leaving me with a pendant with a straight bar on the back of it.  I chose a chain from my collection, threaded it through the bar then mashed down the center of the bar.  Now I have a pendant on a chain.  If I ever want to use the chain for something else, I can just bend the bar up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment