Valued Contributor

Kachina, thank you for showing us some of your collection! I have a weakness for turquoise. I vacationed in New Mexico and Colorado with my parents growing up. My favorite of your is Old No. 8. I love the color and size of that ring.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@beach-mom    Your stone was not stabilized.  Older jewelry typically was not treated. 

Another thing I never knew @Kachina624 - thanks! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gtx wrote:

Kachina, thank you for showing us some of your collection! I have a weakness for turquoise. I vacationed in New Mexico and Colorado with my parents growing up. My favorite of your is Old No. 8. I love the color and size of that ring.

@gtx    I bought that stone from a man on eBay who's had hundreds of cabachons listed.  He's also a good  silversmith so I talked him into making me the ring.  At one time years ago, he lived in Albuquerque and says he made jewelry for QVC to sell.  That would've been the early years.  I believe he's now in the PNW. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why don't the rest of you post pictures of some of your turquoise jewelry?  @patbz ? And anyone who has some nice pieces.  We did that several years ago and ended up with a huge, gorgeous collection.  I suppose that thread is long gone.  It's fun to see what others have. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

That turquoise is stunning. I've never heard of it and am so glad you posted. It looks a lot like spider turquoise but so much more vibrant.

My dad when young worked on a Native American Indian reservation trading post in Gallup NM. My sister & I have Navajo turquoise rings he gave us, they are some of my most treasured possessions.  Since I've been a jewelry dealer the last several years I've added to the collection.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    Why don't you post some pictures of your jewelry?   I bought my Lander Blue stone from an old dealer in Gallup. 

Respected Contributor

how beautiful!  thank you @Kachina624 for sharing your treasures with us!   they are stunning.  i have been thinking about getting a large turquoise ring for my middle finger and appreciate any tips!  

Respected Contributor

Absolutely love that! I'm not a big fan of the "perfect" turquoise without the inclusions. These are gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I love your rings and know you must have necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more. You live in the perfect area to collect gorgeous pieces. I've noticed during Jewelry day shows, turquoise no longer gets its own time slots. It's really difficult to find beautiful pieces...and in quantity.

I love my pieces in rings and my bangles so I can admire them. There's nothing like turquoise to pop a pair of jeans and a white tee or blouse!

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 :  I live in White Mtns of AZ and travel through Gallup 3-4 times a year to visit my Son in Rio Rancho.  Sometimes we stop in Gallup to look at jewelry so I'm curious about where your Dad worked; do you know?