Honored Contributor

Re: Those dangle adjustable bracelets

[ Edited ]

I bought a Bella Luce adjustable bracelet from JTV in sterling silver and the silicone that is in the stopper either wore down very quickly or something else happened because that bracelet won't stay tight on me.  The stopper slides back down within about 15 minutes of me pushing it back up.  That bothers me more than the dangly pieces of silver.

I have a couple other adjustable bracelets with cords and those stay put but I've had the dangly pieces get stuck in my keyboard at work.  LOL 

I certainly wouldn't want a jewelry box full of these adjustable bracelets, especially classic style bracelets because they seem like a fad and to me it cheapens the bracelet.     

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the dangly beads at all.I like being able to adjust the size when I'm wearing with a watch or other bracelet. I have some Lola Rose ones so I've gotten used to them. I think the TSV bracelets today are a fabulous deal and as soon as I choose what I want I'll order. It's the choosing that is difficult.

Honored Contributor

All the power to those that don't go crazy trying to keep the dangling end from getting into everything.

I still remember a costly mistake I made when I purchased an 18k gold bracelet from Tiffany's with a heart dangling from it. It drove me crazy and it sits in my jewelry box to this day....

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of the TSV, but there sure is enough for me to purchase today!!  LOVE that they are doing ALL DAY !!

I remember in the "old" days, several friends and I would take the day off and start early am through bed time watching!!  (Before VCR and TVR)  It was so unique back in the day!  Good times

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Krimpettewrote:

@OKPrincess. In case you haven't tried this way, here's what I do.  (Of course, I have to mention that I have long fingers, which probably helps).  I drape the bracelet onto my write and hold onto the ends by folding my fingers back to where the chain meets the bracelet.  Then, with the other hand, I adjust the silicone ball to the proper fit.  Hope this makes sense, since it gets easier and easier.  Good luck!

I think I will try a silver rope as it will complement my others. I do have long  fingers. Thanks for the tip.

Contributor

I ordered 3 of these adjustable braclets today, one for me and the other two as gifts.  I  have 2 necklaces like this, that continue to be fine operationally, and I like the adjustable length possibilities on this style of necklace.  I also have two "thread" type bracelets that are like this, but there is no silicone helping a bead slide up and down-- they have lasted  a few years(!) are are going strong.  For me, I plan on wearing the bracelet alone or with other non-adjustable bracelets, because I don't like the look of multiple dangly "ends".  

Super Contributor

They are a fad - in a while they will look just as dated as Y necklaces

Honored Contributor

I absolutely LOVE them.  Very feminine, LOVE the dangle but moreso, LOVE the adjustability.

I have VERY small wrists.  These always fit.

I have VERY long nails.  I can put these on and off NO problem.  I no longer have the patience to fuss w/ a lobster claw clasp...or the time in the morning.

I have purchased these type since the very first time they were introduced on Q.

Not one has ever gotten caught in anything.  Not one has EVER had the bead come loose.

I work in them all day long, shower in them, clean in them.  I wear multiples or just one.

Most of my collection of these bracelets are on the small side.  I may get the TSV in the Byzantine in silver.  I don't care for the yellow clad at all.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia

I agree with you.  First thing I thought of when I saw the TSV was - that'll get caught in my keyboard at work, my food, and everything else!  No way would I purchase a bracelet like that.  Was easy to turn the channel and pass on the TSV this year.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

I absolutely LOVE them.  Very feminine, LOVE the dangle but moreso, LOVE the adjustability.

I have VERY small wrists.  These always fit.

I have VERY long nails.  I can put these on and off NO problem.  I no longer have the patience to fuss w/ a lobster claw clasp...or the time in the morning.

I have purchased these type since the very first time they were introduced on Q.

Not one has ever gotten caught in anything.  Not one has EVER had the bead come loose.

I work in them all day long, shower in them, clean in them.  I wear multiples or just one.

Most of my collection of these bracelets are on the small side.  I may get the TSV in the Byzantine in silver.  I don't care for the yellow clad at all.

I have very small wrists, too, and there would be so much extra chain dangling once I got them adjusted that I think it would end up being really annoying.