Honored Contributor

The High Price of Jai Jewelry Compared to......

Check out this lovely Fritz Casuse ring.  I had it home once but the sizing was off for me (too large and the next smaller size wouldn't have fit).  It's a really hefty piece of silver,, very well made,  and was well worth even the full price I paid before it went on sale.  Compare it to the price of the very similar Jai ring below it:

https://www.qvc.com/Fritz-Casuse-Sterling-Silver-Textured-Naja-Ring.product.J355702.html?sc=SRCH

https://www.qvc.com/JAI-Sterling-Silver-Horseshoe-Ring.product.J359617.html?sc=IROA

Honored Contributor

Re: The High Price of Jai Jewelry Compared to......

@Pearlee  Fritz Casuse could be an inspiration for Jai.  He has had some iconic pieces that are no longer available that I wish I had purchased.  I adore some of his past jewelry.  Jai finds a lot of inspiration in animals/nature; whereas, FC speaks to his native American roots.  Yes, there is crossover between these elements...astute catch, the similarity between these two rings/designers.

Honored Contributor

JAI started by being a branch of the John Hardy brand so i suppose they felt it was necessary to charge near to John Hardy prices.  I've always felt it was hugely over-priced and never touched it.  Did you see the prices on his new Alaska collection?  Its largely equestrian-orientated which really is not representative of Alaska.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

OT Noticed your review on Martha Stewart's tops and ordered three. Have to say agree with you about (JAI) Alaska line. Plus, styles are unattractive. Imo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have some John Hardy pieces, but would never purchase Jai.

it's too expensive for a shopping channel brand.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity.  We need more Martha clothing.  I love it.  She has a TSV coming up soon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity.  We need more Martha clothing.  I love it.  She has a TSV coming up soon.

I like Martha's clothing also. Classic styles, nice fabric and much more moderate pricing than some of the other lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, I’m glad you brought up the confounding association of Alaska and horses in the JAI line.  For those of us fortunate to have visited Alaska, the choice of horses is very strange indeed.  The best part of our trip was to a “mush camp,” where I fell in love with every pup I saw.  Those beautiful dogs capture the Alaskan spirit to me.

Trusted Contributor

Have you ever shopped at NeimanMarcusLastCall.com?  There is "real" John Hardy jewelry there.  Not a tremendous selection, but you might find something you like.  Watch for sales and discounts.  I bought a $795 pair of JH earrings for my niece for $350 and free shipping (LCSHIP is the code).

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Do you know when Martha's TSV will be?  And do you know if it's clothing and not say, a chainsaw?  LOL

I love her clothing, but am not interested in her gardening stuff.