Honored Contributor

Re: Tallulah Willis' engagement ring...

[ Edited ]

Natural yellow diamonds are expensive then add the cost of a step-cut one on top of that. Step-cut gems need an almost flawless piece of rough in order to have a nice cut gem. I think her engagement ring is gorgeous. Looks like an elongated Asscher cut to me...wow.

In a People Mag article she said it was an "elongated Asscher cut".

Tallulah Willis

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't like huge diamond rings. They're a bit ostentatious to me. I would never buy anything that big even if money were no issue. One or two carats is my preferred size. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@NicksmomESQ It's a yellow diamond which I personally don't think are pretty at all.

@Love my grandkids   I don't like them either.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Natural yellow diamonds are expensive then add the cost of a step-cut one on top of that. Step-cut gems need an almost flawless piece of rough in order to have a nice cut gem. I think her engagement ring is gorgeous. Looks like an elongated Asscher cut to me...wow.

In a People Mag article she said it was an "elongated Asscher cut".

Tallulah Willis

The ring looks better in this picture.  I am a fan of Asscher cut stones, but I think I would like a white diamond in a white metal setting better.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you've ever seen a large canary yellow diamond, they are gorgeous. Not a fan of these washed out "yellow" diamonds, which may be simply very low on the scale from D to Z (if they go that far down).  The gold setting helps the "yellow" diamond appear more yellow.    

The cut of this diamond appears to be excellent. I'd take the cut in a D or E and VVS or VS diamond with a platinum or 18K white gold setting. (Not sure I'd like wearing that large of a stone, but would take a 2 caret if in her place.)  

Why would anyone care how he paid for the engagement ring? Isn't that their personal life and no one else's business?  Stop the gossip!                               

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like an Ascher cut and it is not clear.  Has a hint of yellow to it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I agree that $3 million isn't much money these days.

I know "ordinary" people who are worth more than that.

It is my favorite cut though.   Diamonds aren't my favorite stone.

As with most couples, I hope they will be happy.

I say that with a bit of hesitation because it seems that a lot of these people in the news get engaged but they never marry.  In fact, they just move on to other people.

Honored Contributor

Sorry @Annabellethecat66  but three million is still a lot of money for most of us and especially where an engagement ring is concerned... Last I looked, all the cost estimates for this one have been nothing but speculation. Personally, I think it's moronic to spend a lot of money on an engagement ring... Wait twenty years and if the marriage takes, then buy the big ring... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm not saying it's the case here but I know of at least one fading starlet whose 'fiancee' and she reportedly cut a deal with a jewelry brand and got a completely ostentatious huge colored diamond engagement ring pretty much in exchange for the publicity. The marriage never happened.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Why didn't anyone assume that the bride to be helped pay?  Isn't she worth more?