Honored Contributor

The snake chain never comes off.    If I'm "going somewhere"...I will wear a long string of gemstone beads, or maybe pearls with it...

18K Yellow Gold Snake Chain Necklace | EBTH

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

LOL @Kachina624 I'm glad I am not the only person who thought that.  If it had loops on it, I could attach an enhancer on each side (or at the bottom).

I'll save my $ in this case.

Honored Contributor

Re: T Bar Necklaces

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21    Only $300 for a David Yurman piece is rather a bargain. I've seen many other pieces by him, they're very pricey.

It is not a bad size for only $295.00 and looks sturdy like all DY items are.

Lexington E/W Barrel Pendant  in Sterling Silver, 36mm

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, but this design (and I am being generous with that word) looks like the creation of someone who was fresh out of ideas.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 I have had mine for a few years and it held up! I polish it one a month with the rest of my jewelry and I'm good to go!

Honored Contributor

Re: T Bar Necklaces

[ Edited ]

I don't care for the horizontal design. If I wear a pendant on a chain I prefer something more vertical or round shaped. All my pendants are very special to me.

I realize jewelry designers try to come up with new ideas, but when the idea becomes so popular and trendy that's everyone's wearing one, it's not for me. I don't want to wear something everyone else is wearing. That's the reason I didn't jump on the paper clip necklace trend. I think the pieces are perfectly fine for someone else. Just not for me. 

Have a Wonderful Weekend! ☀️

Valued Contributor

This isn't a new design though surely? 

These Albert (modelled after Victorian watch chains) T bar necklaces were really big in the 1980s.  
I don't know if was the same here, but they were so ubiquitous in Britain that they became a bit of a joke. Definitely not a sophisticated choice. 

Rather surprised to see them back again but I suppose younger generations don't have that memory and just see it as the classic design it was originally. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Looks like someone forgot the other half of a toggle closure.

That's exactly what it is. This necklace is a modification of a gentleman's pocket watch chain and the bar went through a button hole to keep the watch secure.

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21    Only $300 for a David Yurman piece is rather a bargain. I've seen many other pieces by him, they're very pricey.

It is not a bad size for only $295.00 and looks sturdy like all DY items are.

I couldn't resist looking up this DY piece - it's the pendant that's $295 - the sleek necklace is sold as a separate purchase.

Respected Contributor

Looks like it's just BEGGING to be grabbed and yanked.